Chapter 23

December 31, 2017
Tampa, FL

Another week finished of traveling and we are back home for New Years Eve. And my daddy is proposing to my mommy and I couldn't be happier.

Joe, Anjali, Mark and I get out of the car at the new house to see how it's coming along. We go inside and see the men hard at work.

"So far so good." I say.

"Yeah." Joe says. "They got all the carpet up. That was quick."

"Malaika, Joe." The man who runs the company, David approaches us. "How is everything?"

"So far so good." I answer. "And the bathrooms?"

"We're working on two bathrooms at a time. And once those are done, we'll get your design ideas for the family room and basement."

"What about the pond in the back?" Joe asks.

"Already taken care of. It wasn't too hard."

"So when can we expect the finished product?" I ask.

"Hopefully early to middle February." Joe looks at me.

"That's not bad." He says.

"No. It's not." I say. "Can we take a look around?"

"Sure. Let me just get some masks." He goes into his truck and comes back with the masks and hands them to us. And the four of us look around the house.

"It's really big." Mark says looking around.

"So the way I was thinking is that Joelle and the new baby get their own rooms and you and Anjali share a room. Is that ok?" he nods.

"Yeah. That's ok. I just like how big this house is."

"You want to see the pool?" he nods. I take his hand and the two of us go through the back door to the pool.

"Wow. This is nice."

"Yeah it'll be even nicer once we get the furniture back here. The grill, some tables, chairs and maybe a bar. There's already a TV up here so we don't have to worry about that. And that's it."

"It's really big."

"It'll shrink once we put all the furniture in. And we'll pick rooms when everything is all done. Sound good?" Mark nods.

"Mark!" Anjali yells out. "Where's Mark?"

"Back here!" He calls out. We hear Anjali's feet come running to the back.

"I found you!" She says, giggling. She hugs him.

"What do you think of the house JiJi?" I ask my daughter.

"It's big mommy." She says.

"Well we're going to have a lot of people living here with us." I look around. "I'm excited. I just want them to hurry up already."

"Patience is a virtue my love." Joe says. "You're just excited to go furniture shopping." I break into a grin.

"Yes I am. I'm very excited about that."

X

January 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Monday Night Raw

The first Raw of the freaking year and the whole family is here. I'm so glad. It's been a while since Braun and Colby have seen Anjali and Joelle so those two are in heaven. Now it's just a matter of finding someone for Mark. It shouldn't be too hard, he's a cute kid.

After Joe and I's promo with Renee, I look over and see that photo bitch coming towards us.

"Aw shit." I say.