35. Back at it again

"Lauren," I repeated myself not certain if I even said it the first time, that's how loud the crowd was tonight. I took a second to marvel at Lauren's beauty and my throat was closing up. "You and I have been through the thickest and thinnest of moments," she nodded but still looked confused. I still held her hand but turned to the crowd. "This girl right here makes me so happy and I just wish you all understood that. Even after I found myself making every possible mistake and thought nothing was going to be okay Lauren still somehow came back. So, to prove to her that this is exactly what I want, I am going to have every single one of you as my witness," I turned back to Lauren whos face was turning red, and with her free hand she was covering her eyes and using the length of her hair as a curtain. I laughed. "Lauren Jauregui, will you be my girlfriend again?" The crowd became even more loud I had to pop my ears. "Say yes! Say yes!" Liam shouted into his microphone I held the mic in front of Lauren's face. "Yes," she squeaked. Everyone started clapping and cheering and Lauren and I embraced and shared a kiss before the guys and Camila ran over and things turned to a group hug. "I've been waiting for this forever!" Niall shouted over the mass. I kissed Lauren twice on the forehead before she and Camila left the stage.

LAUREN:

"You guys are dating again!" Camila squealed jumping up and down. "That was the sweetest thing ever!"

"Holy shit," I managed to spit out. I held my hand out to view. "I am shaking! That really just happened. We really just happened," I tried to find the words but my heart was trying to beat me senselessly. "Aren't you happy?!" Camila asked.

"Yes. Oh my gosh, I'm fucking exstatic but I would have never expected him to do that on stage. I mean wow, my heart," I placed my hand over my chest and then I started grinning peering back onto the stage at Zayn who took notice of me and smirked. "My heart." After the show was over Zayn ran backstage and into my open arms. He was extremely sweaty but we embraced none the less. "Thanks for not rejecting me up there," he laughed his damp hair hanging as it pressed up against my forehead. "I know that was completely out of both our comfort zones but so worth it." I smiled at him and kissed his lips.

"The love bugs are back in buisness like they never left," Camila smiled petting Booger. Zayn snagged the puppy from her hands and ruffled her fur. "She said yes!" Zayn said to her.

"I can only imagine how elaborate a future proposal will be.." Louis said walking by.

"Harry, you know, that means it's your turn to ask Camila to be your girlfriend," Liam waggled his eyebrows as he changed his sneakers. Harry who was eating the cheese samples tossed one at Liam. "Pipe down, mate." he said.

When Zayn and I got back to the house we hooked up on his California king bed and afterward just layed there talking about everything and anything. "I'd better get to sleep," Zayn eventually said when the clock struck 2.

"The lads and I have got an interview tomorrow with Good Day Today at 8." I nodded in agreeance. Zayn leaned in and placed a soft kiss upon my lips. "I love you." he breathed.

"I love too." I had my head propped in my palm as I stared at Zayn's features. He smiled and let out a sigh. "I can't believe we're finally together again. I promise you that nothing and no one will get in the way this time. We've got this, Booger." He wrapped my pinky around mine and we both squeezed tight. "We've got this." Suddenly Booger, the dog jumped into the bed and curled up between Lauren and I. "I wasn't talking about you," Zayn ruffled his pups fur and she started wagging her little tail.

ZAYN:

"You should've brought your dog, they're going to ask you about her," Liam said to me as we sat backstage waiting to be called out. "Booger was curled up with Lauren, I wasn't going to wake her," I said taking a swig from a water bottle. It was a great feeling to know I'm not numbing my pain of not having Lauren with swigs of alcohol and countless cigarettes.

"Alright, and now we want to give a warm welcome to the fellows of the biggest boyband in the world ONE DIRECTION!" the host Callie said. The crowds went wild and that was our cue to go. We walked out and did our typical wave and then sat down on the chairs. Harry came running out a moment later because he was in the toilets. "One Direction, it is great to see you guys. My teenage daughter is obsessed. Absolutely obsessed. Can you guys just go around stating your names," she asked.

"I'm Louis."

"Niall."

"I am Liam."

"Hello, I'm Harry."

"And I'm Zayn."

"Okay, so there is so much to talk about today. So much. I hope we get it all in in this alloted amount of time we have. You guys had a show last night at the Staples Center. How was that?"

"It was absolutely insane." Louis said.

"Yeah, the crowds still react the same way and it's so welcoming and it's nice to see that we are capable of selling out arenas and stadiums and such still." Liam added on.

"And to add onto what these two said, it is welcoming and it was an impromtu first come first serve type of thing which we've never done before so it was great to see such a positive reaction." Harry said.

"That is amazing! A lot has been going on for you guys, Zayn you have a puppy now? Is this a group pet or is it just yours?" On the screen behind us Callie posted the picture of Booger and Lauren. I looked away and smiled. "That's just my pup, but of course it can be a group pet but yeah.." I answered horribly feeling flustered for some reason.

"Zayn one more thing for you, last night on top of the show being a huge success, you also asked a certain someone we just saw on the screen to be your girlfriend. Watch this clip that's going around on youtube," Callie said and gestured to the screen for us and the audience to view.

I watched as Lauren and Camila nervously walked onto stage and I called Lauren over to me. I then serenaded her and when the vocals stopped I asked her to be my girlfriend. I still could feel the nerves pinching at me as I awaited her answer and then she said yes and we all got into a group hug somehow. When the video ended the audience was swooning and Niall was nudging me and so was Harry and Louis who was behind me was ruffling my hair. "That was absolutely adorable!" Callie exclaimed. "Were you nervous at all? That video is going to be the talk of the town for a while. Can you tell us what caused a rift between you two in the first place?"

"Uh," I can already tell I was turning red and I couldn't shake the smirk on my face. "I guess sometimes life just pulls people apart and you don't really know why and since I didn't understand it, I needed to get things right and prove to myself and to Lauren that we were meant to be with one another and yeah... I'm not trying to get too sappy and personal on live tv but you catch my drift." I said handing the mic to Niall.

"Well I won't hound you anymore although the world is dying to know everything about Zauren. Harry, you were serendaing Camila, where was the asking out portion?" Harry hung his head low and I could tell he was blushing.

"How about we talk about our upcoming tour?" Louis said into the mic.

******************