33. Change In Plans

"Where are we going to eat?" I asked Harry who was staring intently at Camila who was focused out the window. Harry snapped out of it and turned to me. "Heh? I'm sorry, what were you saying?" he questioned.

"Oh, I just asked where we're going to eat." Harry nodded processing my question.

"A place you've never heard of before. Very quaint."

"What do they serve?"

"Your favourite meal."

"Sushi?" I asked. Harry gave me a thumbs up and turned his attention to his phone. "I don't really like sushi.." Camila frowned. "I mean, I'll eat it, but I'd much rather be eating like pizza, I don't know."

"Well, sometimes you don't get what you want in life." Harry said. I feel like he was referring to both he and Camila, but I stayed hushed as they discussed food.

    I watched us getting further and further away from familiarity. It wasn't until we pulled back onto familiar territory that I realized where we were. We stopped in front of the Staples Center and the ride came to a hault. "I know where we are!" Camila excitedly said. Her smile suddenly went away and she pouted. "Wait, you lied. This isn't a sushi restaurant. There isn't food here... concession food.."

"Camila, don't you worry. There's food here." Harry patted her knee and she moved her leg away. Our driver pulled our door open and helped us out and we made our way toward the building.

ZAYN:

    I was pacing back and fourth on the empty stage that only had a single red rose on it. There was supposed to be sushi. There was supposed to be fairy lights lit up. There was supposed to be life. I called up Niall again. He was in charge of the sushi. I finally heard the rings stop. I heard muffled screams. "About time you answered! Where the hell are you? Lauren's on her way."

"I got mobbed, a fan on twitter posted my location. I dropped the sushi and I can't go back out there so I sent Rick in there to get more. The fans are literally swarming the truck." I rubbed my hand down my face and took a deep breath realizing this wasn't Niall's fault. But really, when isn't he getting mobbed. "Alright..."

"I'll be there soon." I turned around and saw Lauren, Camila and walking in. I hung up without saying a word. "I don't see food." Camila said breaking the silent barrier. "This was a set up."

"No, there was supposed to be food. There was... there was supposed to be a lot." I frowned disappointed looking around the empty stage and then to Lauren. My phone vibrated, I glanced down at it.

Liam: we're stuck in traffic and the florist said so many flowers on such short notice is a tad ridiculous.

    And that's how the cookie crumbles. I shoved my phone in my back pocket and sat down on the stage with my legs propped up and rested my elbows on my knees and my chin against my fists. "Camila, I'm going to give you a tour." Harry suddenly said.

"But I've already been here." she said as he dragged her backstage.

     I didn't have to look to hear Lauren walking over to me, her footsteps echoing with every step she took. She sat down with her legs crossed across from me. "So... no food?" she said jokingly. I sighed and shook my head. "There was supposed to be but Niall got mobbed and dropped it amongst the crowd."

"Geez, that boy is a mob magnet." Lauren giggled. "What'd you bring me here for?" she asked curiously. I didn't want to mention that I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend once more so I said, "I just wanted to do something nice. I mean this place is pretty special to us." Lauren nodded and things fell comfortably silent. I admired her beauty as she admired the beauty of the staples center and all the rows upon rows of empty seats. "This is kind of like, our spot." I said. Lauren smiled and then she nodded before finally looking straight at me. "Yeah, I guess it is."

"We're actually having an impromptu show here tomorrow."

"Really? For what?" Lauren asked interested. I shrugged and threw my hands up. "I guess to show off some new songs. Management told us whilst at rehearsals earlier. It's fifty at the door, first come, first serve. It's different. Just for tomorrow though. Management is going to post it on twitter in a couple of hours."

"That's awesome. I'll be sure to be at the door with my fifty bucks." Lauren smirked.

"I think I can pull some strings and get you backstage. I'm pretty tight with the band." I joked. I wanted so badly right then and there to ask her to be my girlfriend again, but then something else came to mind. Tomorrow.

"I'm sorry for making you come out here. It was a complete waste of time." I admitted. Lauren shook her head.

"Not a complete waste. Like you said, this is kind our spot. How many people can say the stage in the empty staples center is their spot?" she rhetorically asked.

    I called Niall and told him to just bring the sushi back to the house and that the plan was post poned. Lauren was acting fidgety the whole ride back and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe I was just imagining all of this. We pulled into the gate and the car came to a hault in front of the house. Lauren pulled her phone out and started texting. "You okay?" I asked with a playful tone. Lauren nodded with a smile. "Is Niall here?" Camila asked. "I'm so hungry." she moaned.

"He should be here in a few minutes." Harry said. He began unlocking the door until it was swung open and there was Chris. "Gotta go, Eva can't get past the gate." he muttered running past us.

"When'd he get back?" I questioned.

"Like two hours ago." Lauren shrugged.

"Eva? Wasn't he with Zayn's leftover?" Harry joked. I pushed him and he started laughing. "I'm joking. Ha ha? Geeze. Tough crowd."

     "I just want to slip on some sweats and be lazy." I said heading up the stairs. Lauren was following behind me. I thought she was headed to the room she was staying in, but no, she followed me to the door with an unreadable expression on her face. "Are you okay?" I asked holding my hand on the doorknob. Lauren nodded. "Just, thought I'd hang out with you for a little." I pushed the door open. On my bed, the cotton from a pillow was strewn all over and laying on the now tattered pillow was a sleeping yorkie. "Surprise!" Lauren threw her arms up.