20. New Perspectives

ZAYN:

   "We're leaving Florida tomorrow night to head back to New York because our show is at night so we would still have time for soundcheck and all." I informed Madison as I paced around the back lot where the employees let me sneak out to avoid any fans. "You know, I was talking with my manager and he said it'd be amazing if when you guys do start tour that I open for you." I held my breath for a second. That was actually a horrible idea. "Yeah... well you know what they say don't mix buisness with pleasure." I said trying to create some sort of lame excuse to get this fantasy out of her mind.

    I was kicking a rock around with my foot as Madison tried to persuade me, when I turned around Lauren was standing right there with her arms crossed. My mouth fell open. This was probably the first time all day that I'd actually got a full on, less then five second- solid look at her. She had on a flower print crop top and shorts and her hair was cascading like a waterfall down the left side of her shoulder. She was absolutely beautiful. "I'll... I've got go." and without waiting for Madison to say her farewells I ended the call.

    "When I asked you about Madison.. why'd you lie to me?" Lauren's familiar sultry, yet raspy voice asked me. "I didn't lie to you. You asked if her and I were dating, we weren't then and we aren't now." I honestly said. "And trust me I know the pictures of us that keep surfacing aren't helping me justify my case, but I'm telling the truth."

"You're with her like everyday, and it should embarrass you that some people think you cheated on me because you moved on so fast and I don't know, I'm starting to think that too." my eyes widened and I reached my arm out to touch her, but, she took a step back rejecting me.

   "Okay can I just say I would never ever cheat on you." Lauren rolled her eyes and did a little laugh at that. "Right.."

"You can't seriously be thinking about this whole Neena thing again?"

"Hey, forgive but don't forget." she said with a sad smirk.

     This wasn't the anxious Lauren from inside. "I was beyond drunk Lauren, we got past that." Standing before me was a girl who turned a switch and stopped giving a fuck. "Yeah, you're right we did, but you said you'd never cheat on me and that's not completely true."

"What is your problem?" I asked. "You're the one that broke up with me."

"We agreed together." she said. "One second you didn't want the break up to happen and then the next second you just changed your mind. I must say, you had me going for a second, thinking that it's actually difficult for you as well when Madison was right there to swoop in. So bravo." she clapped her hands together.

     I didn't say anything. I just clenched my jaw shut and stared at her knowing she had so much more to say. "Breaking up was the hardest thing I had to do, and I regretted it so much. All I did was cry, really, ask anyone and it didn't help that I was seeing you smiling and taking pictures with Madison leaning on your shoulder, and don't even get me started on that picture of you guys in your swimsuits sleeping next together and her arms draped over your chest."

"Lauren-" "No shut up!" she said. "I am sick of you living your life as if I meant nothing at all to you because you mean so much to me Zayn!" she shouted. "Initially, when I found out you and the boys were coming here I was mentally preparing everything I was going to say to you, but then I chickened out. I wasn't going to show up at Normani's because I didn't have the guts to face you; and I couldn't figure out the proper way to tell you I miss you. That's why I've been so quiet up until I saw Madison calling and your arms are wrapped around her waist in that picture and it pisses me off that you keep denying everything. I don't care what you say Zayn, something is going on between you two."