31. Spaghetti and Cuddles

ZAYN:

"Is it weird that I thought you were kind of hot in there?" Lauren giggled to herself. I helped her into my car.

"You have really weird turn ons," I laughed. "I've been meaning to say all of that to Steve for the longest. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder." I said. "And look at that, you didn't even have to say anything."

"So I was just there for moral support. Do you think he's going to like.. drop you guys now?" I laughed hard at that. "What's so funny? It's a real question. I don't understand how fame works. Are you allowed to talk anyway to management and not face consequences?" Lauren was genuinely curious.

"It's the world of buisness. Everyone voices their opinions, and it was just time for mine to be heard. Plus, Modest! wouldn't dare do anything ridiculous, the lads and I are their biggest investment."

      I know Lauren and I weren't supposed to act like a couple before things were set in stone, but it was difficult when the girl you are madly in love with is sitting right beside you smelling of velvet sugar. I slowly reached my hand over to Lauren's, and rested it on top of hers. She looked at me with a small smile, and gave my hand a squeeze.

    It was later that night, and the guys and I decided to make dinner for the girls. "Can we please just make spaghetti and meatballs? It's easier," Niall said reading over Liam's shoulder at the laptop screen that had the recipe for something in french that I couldn't even pronounce. "Yeah, can we?" Harry asked. We weren't so good at making food, but we did attempt most times. "Sure, get the pasta," I said. Louis rushed straight to the cabinet.

    Lauren walked into the kitchen, "I am so thirsty." she grumbled to herself.

"You can't be in here! Supper is a surprise!" Harry said trying to block Lauren's view from the counter full of ingredients. "But... I'm thirsty." she pouted. I ran over to Lauren and picked her up, carrying her out of the kitchen. "But, I'm thirsty.." she said again.

"There are drinks in my bedroom mini fridge, drink up, we'll page you down when the food is ready." I gently patted her cheek, and rushed back into the kitchen to play chef with the fellas.

LAUREN:

   "I am so hungry.." Camila mumbled twirling in circles around Zayn's bedroom. Just watching her was making me dizzy. "They're almost done, I hope." Ally said. I pressed the now lukewarm bottle of water to my cheek. "I feel hollow." I patted my stomach and laughed at the sound. Camila jumped up onto the bed and layed beside Ally and I. "How long does it take to make food? I smell something burning... oh my god I smell something burning." Camila realized. We all sat up, Ally grabbed the telephone and pressed four to connect to the kitchen overcom. "Hey guys.. it's Ally, uh we smell something burning and we want to know if everythings okay?" It was silent as we waited for anyone to respond. "Everythings great, suppers almost ready and we think you'll all be rather impressed." Liam said.

"We'll be the judges of that." Camila snorted and she grabbed the phone from Ally's hand and put it on the hook.

   "Oh my God." I laughed. "You guys have got to look at this picture Harry posted." I handed them my phone and they all marveled at the instagram photo uploaded ten minutes ago. In it all five guys are holding up different kitchen utensils and sporting floppy chef hats and aprons. And there is a huge smoke cloud, and a small fire on the stove. The caption says "Boyband in the streets, iron chefs in the sheets"

    Camila burst out laughing. "Guys the comments are what makes everything better. 'That literally makes no sense. Where'd they even get the hats and aprons from?' and then another girl responded 'it doesn't have to make sense, look at how hot the guys look, they can cook for me anyday' and then another girl commented 'wow they are eating my ass for dinner' and this is the best one 'LOOK PAST THE BOYS, THE STOVE IS LITERALLY ON FIRE BEHIND THEM AND THEY ARE SMILING LIKE WHAT. THIS IS SOME SERIAL KILLER SHIT.' Camila fell back on the bed laughing. "Supper is ready, come down to the dining room." Louis paged us over the intercom. Why couldn't my house have a freaking intercom? That would make things so much easier.