6. Deal or No Deal

ZAYN:

  I tried to go out and get some breakfast with Lauren this morning but the paparazzi were swarming around our flat, and they got a little to close to Lauren for comfort and when she tried ignoring them, they started shouting profanity at her. So I properly flipped out on them, and before I lost my temper we went back into the flat and had a small breakfast in there before the boys and I headed out to our meeting, our security guard patiently waiting outside to guide us safely into the car.

   "Good morning boys." Steve said taking a seat across from us at the large board table. "Good morning." we all said in sing song. "Alright, so before we talk music, let's talk you Zayn." Joy, his assistant walked over and placed a piece of paper in front of all of us. "Now tell me, what do you see?" he asked. I looked over the paper and saw that it was various news articles about Lauren and I from today. "I see Zayn and Lauren," Niall said.

"Now does Zayn look very happy?" Steve asked.

"I mean based on these pictures he looks a tad irritated." Harry shrugged.

"Explain the look on the paparazzis face.." Steve placed his hand under his chin, waiting.

"He looks slightly frightened.." Louis said.

"And Zayn pick any article you want and read the title. C'mon." Steve gestured to the picture before him and had an eager look on his face.

   I rubbed down my face obviously irritated, "Boyband member Zayn Malik has a blow out with the paparazzi."

"Let's go around the table and read a title, shall we? Harry." Steve said.

"One Directions very own Zayn Malik plays bad boy for girlfriend."

"Zayn Malik of One Direction threatens paparazzi." Niall read and placed his paper down.

"Zayn from 1D goes crazy,"

"Is One Directions Zayn Insane?" Liam read.

"And not last, but certainly not least, "Zayn Malik, bad boy for girlfriend.". Steve slammed his paper down and his ears were turning read which meant he was pissed off.

    "They were calling her all these horrible names just to get her attention, it's disrespectful. I can take it when it's me but Lauren isn't used to that." I stated.

"Then maybe you shouldn't expose her to your lifestyle Zayn, maybe you should be with someone as fast paced as you are." Steve suggested and at that moment I wanted to leave Modest! Management but I couldn't due to the contract we signed on another two years with. I was their little puppet for another two years until we found management that treated us like equals. "That's certainly not going to happen. They were disrespecting my girlfriend. I'm not going to stay silent. They were over reacting these titles. You know tabloids fabicate most everything." I said getting infuriated.

"I understand Zayn but you've gotta understand, you guys just released a new single, okay? People want to get to know the music but if people get the idea from the media that you're acting like Kanye West when it comes to paparazzi, they are going to think you're an asshole with no respect and when they see you're with Lauren in all these pictures they are going to think SHE is the reason for your behaviour and they are going to be focused on what you're going to do next rather than the music we're all working hard for you guys to put out." Steve scolded me. I took a breath and didn't say anything. I clenched my jaw shut to keep from snapping on my manager. "No more of this alright?" I nodded.

   The rest of the meeting was full to the brim with unresolved tension and I wanted to get out of the as fast ad possible. It took two hours before I could do so. Steve just gave me 'the eye' the whole time. I was rocking my left leg beneath the table the entire time. "Ignore Steve." Liam said noticing my silence as we got into our awaiting ride. "I am. Trust me. I just.. I'm pissed. You know, it's kind of like he's making Lauren out to be this cause of my anger and she's not! I'm just not going to let the paparazzi disrespect her like she is some slab of meat." I exhaled.