15. Two Weeks

I arrived at Camila's house and watched as the lights in her house flickered on. First came her bedroom light, then the living room light and then the porch light. The door opened and I was greeted by Camila and Ally wrapping their arms around me. We stood out on the Camila's porch for five minutes just silently hugging with the occasional hints of me sniffling.

   "Ally. I didn't know you were here."

I said, finally trying my best to calm down. We had now transfered ourselves to Camila's bedroom. She was downstairs grabbing me water."Yeah, Mila told me she was home along so I figured she could use company." I did a small smile. "But I see maybe you needed the company a little bit more."

"I thought I needed to be alone, but I guess I'm never right about anything." I layed my head on her shoulder and she placed her hand on my cheek.

    Camila walked in and tossed me the water bottle climbing into her bed and sitting on the other side of me. "I'm sorry for waking you guys up."

"No, it's fine. Friends before sleep." Camila laughed.

"We were only sleeping for like half an hour anyway." Ally pointed out.

     "I feel horrible for showing you that article earlier." Camila frowned playing with a few strands of my hair. "I was going to see it eventually. You know how I texted you that I talked to Zayn?" the girls nodded. "Well, he obviously denied any sparks between the two but I saw pictures of them from tonight so obviously he was hanging out with her after our phone call and he looked happy..."

     The tears started up again and I hated having tear ducts and in this fragile state of mind I hated having emotions in general. "And I wasn't the one making him happy." I sniffled and used my pointer finger clearing away a tear. "It's just so hard because here I am at one in the morning disrupting my friends sleep because I can't deal with a break up that the both of us stupidly agreed to, and he's out there and she's probably sleeping over." I closed my eyes. "I hate this. I miss him so much." I shook my head. "and I don't understand what happened with us, we made all of these promises and these plans. I mean... I think it's actually over this time. I can actually feel the pull on my heart and I can't sleep because I dream of him and it's like I can actually taste his kisses and I don't want that. I don't want to dream that everything is okay. I actually want everything to be okay. I want to go out smiling like Zayn. His eyes... they had this glint in them, like it wasn't fake and I want that."

"You can have that Lauren. I'm almost positive it's hard for him, he's just doing a really good job at covering it up." Ally said. Both her and Camila were in tears right along with me and in this brief moment of listening to my friends attempts at coaxing me I started thinking about our break up and how out of it I was the next day when it all hit me. It was as if Zayn had me up high in the clouds and then the ropes were cut and I was falling right back down.

ZAYN:

     It's been two weeks since Lauren had called me and I had sent my phone sailing across the room and into my bedroom wall. Since then I'd gotten my phone fixed, thankfully. I'd been tempted numerous times to text Lauren but spending time with Madison really was theraputic. Most days we were with some of her friends as well and it was refreshing to see so many different faces in a way.

     The lads and I have got a meeting today and then afterward Niall and I are heading to disney with Madison and three of her friends. "Who are you texting smiley mcgee?" Liam asked. I looked up for the first time since the ride had begun and realized we were already at the building. "Huh?" I didn't catch what he asked.

"Are you texting Lauren? You're awfully smiley." I cleared my throat, climbing out the car after Louis. "No, we haven't really figured anything out." I sighed.

    "Are you texting Madison?" Louis asked when we got to the lifts. "Why are you guys so insistant in knowing who I'm texting?" I asked.

"We haven't seen you this smiley since you and Lauren were together." Harry said stepping into the lift.

"Yeah, well.. it's not her." I said.

"It's not Lauren or it's not Madison?"  Liam pryed.

"It's not Lauren." I haven't actually spoken her name so it felt like I was spitting venom when I finally said it.

    "Can I talk with you about something?" Niall asked. The lift doors opened. "After the meeting." I said, patting his back and leading the way down the hall. I walkes through the doors where I was greeted by Steve and the others.

   "Boys, hows everything been?" he asked with a grin.

"It's been a week.." Louis pointed out.

"A lot can happen in a week. Last week my wife didn't know she was pregnant this week she does." Steve said.

"Wow. Great example. Congratulations man." Harry reached across the long table and bumped fists with him. "You guys have an interview in New York City in two days. You remember?"

"Yes, we remember." Liam nodded.

"I knew I could always count on you Liam. Alright next time I see you guys we'll discuss the tour and such details. You're all dismissed, Zayn stay for a moment."

    I watched everyone get up and disappear from the room. It was only Steve and I left at the long wood table. "What can I do for you?"

I asked.

"You've been very chummy lately." he pointed out. "No complaints about this whole Madison ordeal anymore."

"She's not that shabby once you get to know her."

"Well you've got about a week and a half left. Her EP shot to number fifteen on the itunes hot 100 list."

"That's incredible." I stated, although I still hold my opinion that Madison is mediocre. "I think her and I are still going to hang out afterward."

"Really? That's great. How are you and Lauren doing?" he asked, concern in his voice.

"She and I haven't spoken much at all.." I shrugged, and did a disappointed sigh. 

    When I walked out of the office, Niall was leaned up against the wall. "Eva texted and said they are very well on their way." I gave him a thumbs up.

"Good, we don't have to wait here as long. And what did you have to talk to me about earlier?" I asked, pressing the first floor button on the lift. "Oh that.. I was just gonna tell you not to become serious with Madison. I mean, I wasn't implying that you do have feelings toward her or anything but just remember Lauren is the one you want."

"Yeah, well Lauren clearly doesn't want me."

"It was a silly break up Zayn."

"Then tell me why everything wasnt fixed by the next morning? Tell me why it's been almost three weeks and we're still going through this?" It was a rhetorical question and Niall understood that.