34. Sorry for the Wait

ZAYN:

    I stared at the puppy that was still fast asleep even after Lauren squealed. "You got me a dog?"

"Yeah... please tell me you aren't mad? I didn't do this to get you mad. I didn't know she was going to tear your pillow up. I asked Chris to watch her.. He obviously didn't do a good job. I'm sorry. I just know how much you wanted a puppy and I wanted to surprise you with something since you're always surprising me. And I know us not being together probably makes this really weird and---" "Lauren, Lauren,  take a deep breath. Okay?" I interuppted her. She nodded and let out a sigh. The puppy was now awake just laying there staring at us. "I'm not mad at you." I laughed rubbing down her arms soothingly. "I would have much rather spent my own money than to have you spend money though."

"It was one-fifty." Lauren said with a smile. I walked around over to my bed and picked the puppy up. She just started licking my wrists and I noticed her paw that was white unlike the rest of her fur. "What'd you name her?" I asked smiling at the pup.

"It's your puppy, so I was leaving that up to you." she said staring at me and the puppy in complete adoration. I tapped my chin with a free hand and then smiled. "Her name will be... Booger." I said.

"Booger? But that's my nickname." Lauren pouted.

"Yes, but think of it this way, she'll be with me always, and that includes the times you aren't here."

"I guess that makes it okay for you to steal my name then." Lauren said in a baby voice as she pet the pup.

    Lauren and I spent the rest of the day doing puppy shopping, getting her shots, extra dog food and rhinestone collar (Lauren's choice) and a name tag. It was shiny green and etched in it was her name. It was late by the time we got back and the guys and I had so much to prepare for tomorrow and so we needed a goodnights rest. Lauren stayed by the pool with Camila and I cuddled up in my bed with Booger. She was much more calm than I expected, she just loved to sleep when placed on a soft surface.

LAUREN:

   Zayn took Booger to soundcheck with him the following afternoon and that left Camila and I to head to the Staples center on our own. "Isn't this so nostalgic?" I asked when we arrived at a stop light just beside the swarms of girls that were beginning to form although the impromtu first come first serve show wasn't for another few hours. "Nostalgic how?"

"I have so many memories with the staples center. Remember when I drove here and all I had was my liscence and we were freaking the fuck out when the cop stopped me and took us to the police station?" I laughed now but it was definetely not funny before. "How could I forget? I think I pee'd myself a little that day. Not a good time for me." Camila admitted. I made a face at her before proceeding through the green light.

   "Zayn and I have made it so far past that point. It's insane to actually sit and think about. Even if things go astray and we decide to stay just friends, I'd still be the happiest girl alive, you know?" I said pulling up next to one of the security guards that I hadn't seen in a while, Marty. "Lauren and Camila," he smiled knowing who we were now. "Roll on in." he said. I followed his instructions toward the back of the staples center that was swarming with security. "I want nothing but the best for you and Zayn and whatever direction fate decides to take you in, it'll be worth it in the end." Camila nodded.

"Okay, Ally." I teased.

   I parked the car and security started walking us to the back. Harry and Niall were riding mopeds around in a circle and Louis and Liam were racing. "Well hello there pretty lady," Harry smirked rolling up next to Camila.

"Where's Zayn?" I asked. Niall pointed toward the back door.

"He's in the dressing room with the dog." he informed me. I gave him a smile and walked inside. Security id'd me and when they decided that I was okay to be inside they pointed me to the dressing room.