27. Hectic Mornings

ZAYN:
   When I woke up Lauren wasn't beside me, and I just assumed she slipped away to her room. I got a quick shower, and slipped on some clothes before heading downstairs. The aroma of pancakes lingering in the air brought me into the kitchen where Lauren was standing at the stove. I smiled, remenbering last night.

    "Morning." she grinned flipping a pancake over in the pan. I smiled in response. My eyes glanced from the stacks of pancakes, and over to Niall who was sitting at the counter practically licking his plate clean. I tossed another on his plate and he gave me a thumbs up. "What are you doing? Making breakfast for a colony?"

"Ha ha. Very funny." she sarcastically said.

"Seriously," I laughed. "There are nine of us here." Lauren turned off the stovetop.

"You're right. I'm getting carried away. I just... when I'm happy I make excessive amounts of pancakes. Don't ask me why, I don't even know why." she giggled slapping her hand over her face. She was so damn cute.

"No keep going. I'll eat them all if the others don't wake up." Niall said snagging yet another pancake. He obviously has a bottomless pit as his stomach.

    "Pancakes. Awesome!" Chris clapped his hands together walking into the kitchen. "Where do you guys keep the plates and silverware?" Niall jumped up and helped Lauren's brother locate the fine china. Chris grabbed two plates, and placed two pancakes on each one. He then went back in the cabinet and grabbed two tall glasses, helping himself to some orange juice.

   We were all staring at him with puzzled expressions. Lauren was the one to speak up. "What are you doing?" Chris raised an eyebrow and gestured to the items before him. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm fixing myself and my guest some breakfast."

   Lauren grabbed her glass of orange juice and took a sip from it. "Your guest?" she laughed. Chris nodded smothering the pancakes in syrup, and butter. "Yeah. I hope you guys don't mind."

"No, not at all." I said.

"Who do you even know in LA?" Lauren asked, I snatched her cup of orange juice and took a gulp from it.

"Oh, there you are. I made you a plate."

   We spun around to see who Chris was talking to. "I love pancakes!" Madison was standing in the doorway in what I'm assuming is Chris' t-shirt and his boxers. My jaw dropped, and the glass of orange juice I was holding slipped out of my grasp and shattered onto the tile floor making a mess everywhere. Lauren shrieked, I turned her. "Are you okay?!" I asked. "Did you get cut?" she shook her head still staring at Chris and Madison in shock.

LAUREN:

   My little brother slept with Madison. She's in his clothes, and he has a very visible hickey on his neck that I chose not to acknowledge. "This is a cue to leave, if I've ever seen one before.." Niall said. He snagged a pancake and headed out the door. "What the hell?" I blurted out. "Can I talk to my brother quick?" I asked Madison even though I didn't care what she said. I made my way around the glass, and dragged Chris to the backyard.

    "Whatever this is, can it be quick? I don't want my food to get cold."

"You slept with Madison?! All I told you to do was distract her."

"Yeah well we got to talking, and hit it off. She's way hotter in person than in that picture you sent me."

"You're stupid Chris. You don't even know the girl, and you sleep her. You just met her last night. It hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours.."

"Lauren don't try to baby me, I'm a year younger than you. I'm not a little kid anymore. I came here to watch over you, so you can save your big sister speech."

"Seriously Chris. I'm atleast being responsible here. Mom and dad will be pretty disappointed. They raised you better than that."

"And they raised you better than to get back with a guy who broke your heart once, let alone twice." he brushed past me and into this house. Did he really just reverse this on me?!

   I walked into the house, and Chris wasn't in the kitchen, neither was Madison. Instead Zayn was there finishing cleaning the mess he made, and Camila was eating pancakes. "Where'd they go?!" I asked infuriated.

"They left, I don't know where." Zayn said.

"Yeah, I'm kind of lost. Why did Madison and Chris flee together?" Camila asked with a full mouth. I threw my arms up. "I don't even know." Zayn started rubbing down my arms. "Take deep breaths. Chris is a boy, and he's very hormonal at his age, he's going to do things like that." I exhaled.

   "Camila, we need to talk." Harry demanded walking into the kitchen. "Okay? So, let's talk I guess." Harry stared at Zayn and I, and then sat beside Camila. "Why were you with Ashton all night?" he asked, jealousy in his voice. I sat on top of the drawer, and Zayn leaned up next to me. Camila laughed, "Okay first of all, I wasn't with Ashton all night."

"Everytime I tried to look for you, you guys were all close and laughing about stuff."

Camila shrugged. "Well, he's a funny guy?"

"Do you like him?" Harry asked. Camila started laughing. "Wh-what? I just met the guy last night. Wait a second, did you get bit by the envy bug?

"Envy? I'm not jealous of Ashton."

"Seems that way to me.." Camila muttered taking a sip from her juice. "And let's say I did have feelings for Ashton, which I obviously don't-let's just clarify those impossibilities first.- you have no reason to get upset. You and I are nothing, and you've made that more than clear. You don't want a relationship, and I don't want to leave my heart on a shelf as I wait for you to change your mind while it gathers dust."

   Camila stood up, and placed her dishes in the sink. Harry was sat there with a shock stricken look on his face. He couldn't even think of anything to say. "Sorry." Camila solemly said as she left the kitchen.

"I'm going to have a chat with Ashton." Harry finally uttered words, and left the kitchen as well.

   "Too much is going on today." I said turning to Zayn. He laughed, but nodded. "Wanna go take a long walk with me?" he asked. "It'll be peaceful, and we can just talk. Or not talk, the choice is all yours." I smiled. A long, relaxing walk is just what I need right now. "I'll buy you ice-cream after," he persuaded me. I nodded, "You've got yourself a deal."