10. Not Again

LAUREN'S POV:

    Being a waitress had it's good moments and it's hard moments. I usually got tipped well though. Today in particular was frustrating though. Everything was finally catching up to me. Like I'd been running a race and winning but then I got distracted by the person cheering for me on the sideline and when I looked back everyone was right behind me. I hadn't talked to Zayn since three days after the whole airport incident and I started thinking up different scenarios. I mean, maybe I said something over the phone? Or I said something over text that he misunderstood because you know people can take text messages out of context, so I started gently chewing down on my thumb as I scrolled through my text messages trying to find anything. I called him, I texted him, numerous times may I add. I was being ignored and it was driving me crazy.

    I've been on the social media, I've seen pictures of him out and about with his mom and his phone was right in his hand. I decided to give in and call one of the boys. They were my last resorts because I didn't want to seem desperate but holy shit I was desperate. I called up Harry and he answered after a few rings. "Lauren? Is something wrong with Camila?" Panic was in his voice. That goes to show how often I call him. "No. She's- she's fine. I was actually wondering if Zayn's with you?" a hint of hope to my tone.

"No, sorry he's not. I'm out for tea with my mum and sister they leave tomorrow morning, so getting in my last rounds. I think his mums helping him rearrange his room. We finally got all of furniture, well for our rooms atleast. Everything else is coming by the end of the week."

"That's great. Well, I'd better let you get back to your tea."

"Right. Is everything well between you two?" I did a small laugh, it was a sad laugh.

"I guess not." I frowned, spinning my order tablet around on the table.

"When was the last time you spoke with him?"

"It's been like a week."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I really don't wanna keep you. Just please tell him I'm sorry for whatever I did." and before Harry could say anything I hung up.

    "Jauregui, table twelve needs a wipe down." Drè said to me. I stood up, and got right to my duty. I wasn't even finished my shift but Drè told me they don't need anyone moping around sending bad vibes to customers.

     I took a shower, which probably took me an hour since I was kind of going through even more scenarios in my head. Once that was all finished I went downstairs to eat some cereal. I wasn't in the mood to warm up food that was made while I was at work. "My feet are killing me." Chris groaned walking into the house. He also had a job, a cashier at a nearby grocery store. "How was work?" I asked.

"Like I said my feet are killing me." He grabbed a banana and sat down at the table. "What about you? How was serving the richy riches?"

"I got sent home two hours early because apparently my aura was dark and my negativity cloud didn't need to shadow over the customers." I did air quotes.

"You have been kind of carrying some negativity cloud the past couple of days." he stated.

"I have not!' I declared. Chris stood up and threw away his banana peel.

"I'm just kidding, don't attack me. You do seem a little bothered though. What gives?"

"Boy drama, you don't want to listen."

"You're right." he winked. "Goodnight Lauren,"

"It's only eight."

"I know. But I think I'm gonna call it an early night. Wheres everyone at?" he asked, standing in the doorway.