25. Sneak Peek

LAUREN:

    Just having Zayn's hand on mine made the same fuzzy feeling brew inside of me. A feeling that never really left whenever I saw him. "I want us again, and I won't give up on us. Third times a charm, you know." Zayn said with a small smile. I could tell that he was genuine in his words. "I want you again, but I don't... I want things to feel right." I said. "I don't want to jump into something again, and I'm not secure in myself or in us. Does that make any sense?" I asked. Zayn nodded giving my hand a tight squeeze. "I don't want to date again having these negative thoughts in my mind. I want to go back into this knowing we'll actually make it this time around, no matter the distance." Again Zayn nodded. "And I will wait patiently. I've got some self work I need to do myself."

    I don't remember how it even happened, but we were leaning in for a kiss, when suddenly I heard a throat clearing a few feet away from us. Standing there was my brother in the doorway. "Really Chris?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"The boys sent me in here to tell me they have a meeting in an hour.." I looked at Zayn who slapped his palm to his face. "Right. I nearly forgot. Thanks Chris." Chris nodded, and then walked out.

    Zayn stood up, "I should probably go get ready for that. Don't worry, it's not a publicity stunt meeting." I held my hands up.

"I'm not saying anything. I trust you." he smiled, and kissed me on my forehead. "I'll see you later."

*****

   "What do you mean you guys aren't together?!" Ally gasped. We were in the kitchen as I explained everything to the girls. Louis took my brother along to the meeting. He was truly letting my brother think he was apart of the band. "I mean, we aren't together."

"Yet." Camila poked her head out from the fridge.

"Yeah, yet. We both have some issues we need to work on. I feel like I don't know, ever since I started having my stupid insecure episodes that I let it get to me. I feel as though I'm not the same girl I was. I obviously grew up from being that girl who walked out of a meet and greet, but I've been taking more steps back then foreward," the girls were staring at me intently. "Am I making any sense?"

"You are," Ally reassured me. I sighed. "You want it to feel right."

"Yes! Exactly. I want to be able to see him just casually talking to another girl without thinking they're going to run off together, or that somethings secretly going on."

"It's not like it's all for nothing though. I mean, the whole Neena thing did happen, and remember when you got pissed because he left you by yourself twice for hours as he talked to other people, while he was avoiding you because he was scared to tell you about Neena." I looked at Camila with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, can you not bring that up? I thought you want nothing but the best for Zayn and I?"

"No I do! I'm just telling you that your insecurities weren't completely for nothing... you know what I'm just going to zip my mouth shut, and watch a movie upstairs," Camila waved, took her food and left.

    "I know by the grace of God, ya'll are gonna make it this time. No doubt about it." Ally squeezed my hand. "Ya'll made it this far, and when obstacles try to knock you two down, you always seem to find a way around them and right back to each other." she hopped off her stool. "I pray for ya'll all the time. Everyone actually, but I spend a little extra time on you and Zayn. Just fix what you need to Lauren, and you guys will be just fine." I held my arms out and squeezed Ally in a hug. "I love you sunshine," I said.

"I love you too Lauren." Ally smiled.

ZAYN:

   "What do you mean you guys aren't together?!" Harry whispered. The meeting was over, and I was shaking hands with all of the buisness men while Harry hovered by my ear like a fly. "I mean, we aren't back together." Harry slapped his hand over his face as he followed me out of the conference room. "Did Camila, Niall and I need to devise a plan afterall? We got you guys back together quick that way." I was standing by the elevator with some men that were in the meeting. The other boys had left the second the meeting was dismissed. "Look." I lowered my tone. "Lauren and I can do this on our own. We're making progress, I held her hand, we talked about getting back together, and we almost kissed. It doesn't matter if we aren't together now. I know one of these days we're going to be, and that's really the most I can ask for."

"Don't turn into a mush on me man." Harry pleaded. I laughed.

"And you know something, you shouldn't be talking about relationships, you've known Camila for a year and some change now, and you still have that girl hanging on every word you say when you actually just need to make a move."

"I don't want to hurt Camila. It's bad enough I broke her heart with the whole Beverly thing.. I can't stress that enough. And she's too sweet to get caught up in my world. The girls found her crying on the floor in the hallway, do you think I want that again?"

"You're right, Camila is sweet so make a move, or stop stringing her along."

"Wait. How'd this go from you and Lauren, to Camila and I?" he asked. I shook my head, and followed security to our car.