29.

It's been a week since Blake and Mac arrived and they were preparing to leave back to LA. John has grown to like Mac as he noticed how happy Blake is when she is with him, how happy she is that she is beginning to settle down.

"We are ready to go" Mac brought the lash bag down the stairs by the door.

"Next time you come stay with me for a while or Jack. You can meet the team" Blake hugged her dad tightly.

"Of course princess, I haven't had a fight with Jack for a while so I don't see why not" John laughed.

"Mac, it was a pleasure meeting you. Look after my daughter or... well you know the rest" John shook Macs hand firmly.

"It's technically my job to look after him at work, technically" Blake shrugged as they both look at him.

"Don't be a smart ass"

"Sorry Daddy" she kissed his cheek again.

John drove the pair to the airport as they said their final goodbyes to Blake's dad. As they got their seats on the plane Blake snuggled into Mac as she sniffed her tears away quietly.

"Hey" Mac looked at her.

"I'm ok, I just hate leaving him to think of him all alone" she wiped a tear.

"From what your dad told me he isn't alone, he plays golf, gym, goes shooting and has all the animals to look after so he's hardly alone" Mac tried to make her feel better.

"I know but I just wish he would move out with us to LA, I know it's selfish because he loves the ranch" she sank her head further into Mac.

"It's not selfish, you love him and want to be near him. You know your accent gets more Texan when we're down there" Mac smirked

"Do I?" She lifted her head.

"It's kinda hot" he looked closer at her.

"Jack goes all Texas too when he goes down there"

"And you've ruined the moment" Mac laughed.

"I'm sorry. But tonight we can stay at mine and be alone all night" she laughed then smirked at him

"That kinda makes it better" he nodded and laughed.

••••••••••

As they arrived home the first place they went was to Macs as most likely they would all be there hanging out. As they carried heir bags inside they noticed them all sat outside around the fire.

"Here they are" Bozer was the first to greet them.

"Wow Mac is still in one piece I'm impressed" Jack laughed.

"It was a bumpy ride but I think he likes me" Mac smiled as he two sat down with them.

"Did he give you a hard time?" Riley asked

"You could say that" Mac laughed.

"He liked you, at first he thought you were some long haired nerd but you won him over" Blake told him.

"Wait! When did he say that?" Mac asked

"When we first got there but it's fine he likes you now. Oh and Jack, dad says you owe him $50" Blake turned to her uncle.

"Son of a bitch" Jack turned to himself.

"I'm knackered so I'm going to head home and sleep for a week" Blake kissed Mac before standing

"You're not going together?" Bozer asked

"Yeah I'm gonna shower and sort my stuff and head over later" Mac told him as Blake said her goodbyes and left to go back to hers.

When she was gone she had the team look after Bowie mainly staying with Bozer and Matty. When she got there Bowie was very excited to see her after the week apart and like promised Blake showered and she went to bed before Mac came over.

It was really important to her that her dad and Mac got along, she wouldn't know what to do if they didn't.

As Mac went into his bedroom Jack followed him in.

"Something happened? What was it?" Jack asked from the door.

"I got the pleasure to meet Liam" Mac unpacked his bag.

"Ouch, John invite him?" Jack folded his arms

"Yeah, you seen this guy he's huge and manly. He's frickin GI Joe" Mac huffed.

"Dude, when them two got engaged John was so happy that he couldn't see how unhappy Blake was. I saw it in her face the only happiness she had was that her dad was so happy. So I talked to her about if he was her perfect guy and if she loved him and she said no so we called the wedding off. Mac this guy is a memory for Blake but that's it nothing more. You, you are the guy Mac I see it in her face everyday and John, well John just wants someone to look after and protect his daughter just like I do" Jack told Mac as they both sat down on the bed together.

"I need to ask you something" Mac turned to Jack making Jack furrow his eyebrows.