With You

AN: I couldn't resist the attached photo. I literally cracked up and had to share it with you. Anyways. Carry on!

-----///-----

Leo wasn't frozen for long. "No freaking way!" he hollered before blazing (thankfully not literally) a trail down the hill. The absolute ecstasy that was rolling off the young mechanic was almost enough to calm Nico down...almost. He followed at a less enthusiastic pace, glancing cautiously around the area. Scrap metal of all shapes and sizes filled the junkyard. When Nico reached the bottom, Leo's arms were already loaded, the top object pressed under his chin. Nico couldn't help but smirk at the sight of the small Latino struggling with his load, eyes alight with glee.

"Leo you don't even know what we're building yet," scolded Nico. The phrase did the trick. Leo paused, his eyes grew, the scraps dropped, and before the son of Hades could protest Leo had pounced, tackling the smaller boy to the ground.

"Do you have," kiss, "any idea," kiss, "how freaking," kiss, "Happy I am," kiss, kiss, "right now?" Kiss.

Leo leaned back, but maintained his perch atop of Nico, whose eyes quirked with confusion, maybe a dash of disbelief and a hint of joy. Leo rolled his eyes and climbed up.

"I love this," he swept his arms out in a grand gesture, "because I love you and the thought of creating something with you is about the most romantic thing I can imagine! Gods!" he exclaimed before pausing and looking down at his love with fiery eyes. "You must really be in love with me Nico." He reached down and pulled Nico to his feet. Face to face, Nico cupped Leo's face in his hands, thumb softly stoking the Latino's cheekbones. "I am Leo. I am so in love with you." They simply stared for a few moments lost in their passion for one another before Leo pecked Nico's forehead, both cheeks, his nose and finally his thin lips. He stood back, eyes aglow. "So? What's the plan?"

Nico took a moment to recover from the onslaught of affection before retorting.

"Guess," challenged Nico and the creative demigod stepped up to the challenge.

"An amazingly powerful machine gun that shoots ammo to destroy any imaginable foe?"

"Uh...No."

Leo bit his lip and scrunched his eyebrows in concentration.

"Okay...OH! An encoded elevator to put in the camp that takes us to our very own Leico man cave so no one can disturb us?!"

Nico looked taken aback. "No, I well, that's a nice thought, but...no. And if you're going to go around smashing our names together say Neo. It's way better."

Leo had begun bouncing his heels up and down.

"So now that we've established how bad I apparently am at reading your mind, what's the plan? I'm starting to think you don't even have one."

The pale boy put his hands on his hips. "Oh I have a plan alright. You see, you and I are going to get our very first pet today."

Excitement burst out of Leo and he danced in a circle. "You're the best! What will it do?!"

"Anything you want," said Nico whilst admiring Leo's enthusiasm, "anything we want."

The two set to work after agreeing that a big cat would be the best choice. After all, Reyna had her dogs and Percy his hell-hound, everyone and their grandma had a horse, and Leo just couldn't repeat a dragon. They built a platform to work off of and scoured the valley for parts. Leo began assembling the feline and Nico diligently applied himself to each task Leo assigned. Leo looked over at the Italian and felt his heart swell. Nico looked dang fine all covered in grease, tongue out as he concentrated on tightening a particular bolt. Leo realized Nico could be the only member of Team Leo and he would be satisfied.

The mirth was short lived. It felt as if an icy hand had gripped his spine and Nico's past came flooding back. Leo dropped his wrench and stared at Nico in horror. The clang of the fallen tool caught Nico's attention. He glanced up and instant concern flooded through him.

"What's wrong Leo? What is it?"