You Need to Chill

As soon as Kellen's grandma swung the door open to find a small entourage of roman demigods she sighed heavily. "He's dead isn't he?" she inquired and Reyna gasped, shaking her head firmly to refute such an idea. "I'm not ready to believe that ma'am. In fact we're here with the hope you can help us ensure he's alive."

The old woman reluctantly hosted the group of youth. She was petrified that they would draw creatures to her beautiful home, but her hospitality kicked in and she couldn't very well leave them on the porch. Now she bustled around her kitchen heating a pot of water, gathering sugar and tea packets, spoons and cups onto a platter.

"I don't have any cake or biscuits I'm afraid. Hopefully this will do." She set everything out with aged hands, shaking from strain and concern. Finally they were all settled around the table. Sitting in silence, most the demigods stared into the depths of their tea cups or around at the home décor. The chinking of spoon hitting porcelain reverberated until Reyna scooted forward and coughed to catch the woman's attention.

"Ma'am," she began. "When did you last see Kellen?" The woman concentrated as she thought back and nodded as if to agree with herself. "A few days ago, less than a week for certain. I dropped him and his friend off at the train station."

Reyna perked up at that. "His friend?" she asked. "What friend exactly?" Her mind currently held two possibilities. The first being her original hope: Nico. Now she couldn't sort out how they knew each other or how Nico ended up with Kellen and considered his friend. But, despite how farfetched that scenario was she preferred it to the alternative. The alternate would be that something had wormed its way into Kellen's graces and he and Nico were separately unable to reach the camp.

"I don't quite recall his name, age does that you know," the old woman chuckled but nobody joined in. Reyna didn't have patience for this. "But what did he look like. Surely you can recall that." The young praetor dug her nails into her jean clad thighs and bit her lip while the woman tried to reflect on the encounter. "Scrawny lad. Needed a proper meal or two. Dark hair. Dark clothes. There was a lot about him that was dark," she hummed. "Except his skin actually. Pasty kid, needs to lay off those video games if you ask me."

Her description was all Reyna needed. Nico was here. He was with Kellen. She couldn't decide if this was a good thing or not though. They quizzed Kellen's grandma for a bit more before heading out. The chat honestly didn't give them a next step. It assured the two were together, but that's it. Reyna growled and kicked a rock.

"I'm going to send messengers to alert our search teams that they are looking for the two together," she decided. "We'll head back to Camp Jupiter and wait it out there. Hopefully our boys are just delayed. With that, the group mounted their eagles and took off.

FYFYFYFYFY

The moment Reyna touched down Leo was on her. "What the hell Reyna?! What made you think I wouldn't want to be in on that little trip?!" he yelled out. "Well?!" The mechanics eyes were bloodshot and his hair reached out in a thousand different directions. He clearly hadn't gotten a good nights' sleep in ages. Reyna decided to go soft on the boy. "Leo if you'll listen I'd like to explain," she calmly replied. Leo's hands were trembling, he was buzzing with suppressed rage and exhaustion, on the edge of grief. He nodded, but his hands didn't stop twitching. It crossed Reyna's mind that his hands may never stop twitching.

"I wasn't looking for Nico, I was looking for a missing soldier from my legion. He's actually the son of Vulcan, sort of a brother to you, but Roman," she began as they walked towards her tent. "Anyways. He was supposed to return from visiting his grandma in Las Vegas and never returned. We got lucky in a sense though. Grandma says she served Kellen and Nico tea before sending them home on a train."

Leo spun around to face her. "What? Why were they together? What is this? Do you know where they are now?!" The rant seemed nearly nonstop and Reyna waited for him to take a breath before she formed her reply.

As she opened her mouth to scold him for his outpouring of questions and then hopefully answer a few, she changed course. "Yeah. I do know where they are," she said casually and as expected Leo flipped. "Are you kidding? Why aren't we getting them? What is wrong with you?" He formed a fireball and threw it at a mechanical bird (probably some sort of messaging device the Romans were developing) but he didn't care.

"You need to chill repair boy."

Leo froze. Reyna noted how his hands stilled as well. Interesting. The immobilization didn't last long though because suddenly Leo whipped around to face the source of the voice. "YOU ABSOLUTE TWAT!" he yelled as he launched himself at his boyfriend. Nico laughed and despite their size difference had the adrenaline to spin the curly haired boy in a circle before setting him down and diving in for a kiss.

"What are you doing here?" asked the son of Hades and Leo's lips fish mouthed.

"A better question would be where have you been?!" he exclaimed and Nico smirked rolling his eyes.

"I think my question was valid," Nico insisted and the two continued on bickering despite the small audience that solely grew around them.

Jason slipped in next to Reyna and nudged her ribs. "Guess all is right with the world again," he whispered and Reyna nodded without taking her eyes off the exchange. "So did sector B find them?" she asked and Jason nodded. "Yeah they were eating Pizza in Bend, Oregon when the patrol spotted them and gave them a lift home."

She nodded and mused before seeking out Kellen in the crowd. She saw him leaning against and old statue with a slight frown and a distant look in his eyes. Wandering over she perched next to the ginger who looked up at her in surprise.

"P-praetor," he stuttered out and Reyna shook her head, eyes dancing with amusement. "Just Reyna to my friends," she replied and the gingers cheeks instantly darkened. "Sorry, p- er Reyna. Glad we made it back. I've never been around someone to attract so many monsters," he mused and Reyna nodded. "Yeah he does that."

The two glanced up when the crowd burst into cheers. The couple had apparently given up their bickering for snogging because Nico was now sucking Leo's face off with his legs rapped around the mechanics waist. Reyna glanced to her left to see Kellen awkwardly avoiding the scene with his eyes. Shaking her head she sighed. This would be interesting.