Percy's Plan

Graduating from the bed to crutches is exciting for a whole 3 minutes, then it just sucks. Nico was happy to be out of the infirmary and into the fresh air, but his handicap was really dampening his mood, not to mention foiling Thalia's plans.

"You could hike to-," she began to suggest, but she cut off when she saw the murderous look Nico was sporting. "-in a car..." she trailed off lamely. Thalia cursed and speared a Greek dummy before plopping down with a huff.

The trio had been occupying the arena for the better part of an hour now just going in circles. They'd chosen this particular spot with the certainty that Leo wouldn't be practicing his swordsmanship any time in the next millennia. Sure he could make a beautiful sword, but use it? Not likely. What had elongated their planning session was Nico's inability to do... well, much of anything. No swimming, no hiking, no biking, no horseback riding. Sure a dinner would be nice, but it wasn't enough. This was supposed to be special. This was supposed to be the next big step in their long saga of tiptoeing and blushing and kissing and running and... you get the idea.

"I've got it!" Percy announced, but right as he did Thalia slugged him in the arm. "Perc! I just thought of something," she whined.

"Well you snooze you lose," he threw back.

"That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, why you little-," they continued bickering for a bit longer until Nico decided to break it up.

"SHUT UP!" he yelled, slamming his crutches into the dirt for good measure. "And I thought I was the baby of the group, you're like squabbling children." Once he had their attention and (thankfully) their silence, he continued. "Why don't you both tell me your idea and I'll decide which is best. Percy you can go first."

The green eyed half-blood grinned in triumph as his cousin stuck out her tongue at him...

-FY-¤-FY-¤-FY-¤-FY-¤

The sun was beginning to dip towards the horizon as the two dark haired teens made their way down to the lake.

"Nico, I really have to tell you something. It can't wait," whined Leo. He'd been begging to speak throughout their entire venture down the path, but the son of Hades wouldn't have it.

"Nope. Uh-uh. Anything you have to say can wait till we're there... unless you're breaking up with me. You're not breaking up with me are you?" he asked, eyes flashing with panic.

"No! No, no, no, absolutely not," assured Leo allowing Nico a breath of relief.

"Good. So no talking."

Behind a clump of trees crouched Percy and Thalia. The daughter of Zeus was still miffed.

"Remind me again why your idea is first?"
Percy scoffed. "Cause it's better," he retorted, but she wouldn't take it lying down.

"Oh please. It's not even original! Haven't you seen the little mermaid? You practically stole the date right out of the script!"

"Was that supposed to be some sort of sea god joke?"

"Only if you want it to be, Ariel!"

"You want some sparky?"

"You're gonna be seafood when I'm done with you, ya insolent little brat!"

"Says the immortal ten year old!"

(Little side note for our friends back home. Percy and Thalia are quite powerful. Sometimes that aids them in saving the day... sometimes they ruin a potentially wonderful date).

Nico and Leo stumbled away from the lake as a massive storm brewed. A tidal wave rose from the lake and gathered speed heading towards the shore. Leo grabbed for Nico as they tried to escape, but Nico tripped crying out in pain. In a blink of an eye the wave and crashed down leaving the two boys and everything within 200 yards sopping wet.

It didn't take long for their two friends to round the corner still bickering.

"What have you done?" raged Thalia. Percy paled as he saw the two coughing up water.

"Oh gods. Are, are you guys okay? I'm so sorry, I just... I," he rambled.

"Relax Perc. I'm fine. I'm okay," interrupted Nico. "We're okay. Just promise me you two won't spy on us... ever. Again."

The two nodded their heads vigorously.

"Now leave," the two looked to protest, but he held firm. "Gone, now. Hasta Luego. See ya."

"But, you don't need help getting back? You don't need anything?" Percy persisted. But Nico just looked smug. "I've got Leo."

Not long after that Nico leaned back against Leo's chest as they huddled by a fire.

"Sorry about... this," whispered Nico. Leo grinned. "Are you kidding me? That was freaking hilarious. When you think about it. I mean, how lame is that Under the Sea scene anyway? We needed a good tidal wave to spice things up!" The two burst into laughter.

It wasn't until later that night as Leo lay awake in bed that he remembered what he had meant to say earlier. "Gods I suck," he muttered. "Tomorrow," he promised himself. "I'll bring it up tomorrow."