Chapter 10

It was a mere hour later when Ryan and I returned back to Spencer and I's home; we spoke mainly of our life stories.

Ryan and I both had alcoholic parent problems. Ryan's father was the one in his life-- and he spoke to me about how his mother left them when they were little. I felt sympathy for him, really; although I had parents who'd kicked me out of the house, they were still together and capable of taking care of me (when they weren't drunk).

In a way, I felt our connection grow a little stronger. He'd even told me that it would take years for him to open up to someone about this-- and I managed to do it under a week.

Although I felt what appeared to be a crush growing in the back of my mind, I continued to push it down and feel a spring of friendship instead. We established that our similar thinking could not be just a coincidence, and that we believed I was moved here for a good reason.

Ryan and I stepped onto the marble tile inside my front doors and shivered; the feel of cold air against rain drop covered skin brought on a chill like no other. The house was quite silent-- not a voice could be heard, and all the TVs were off.

Ryan seemed to notice this as well.

"Maybe everyone's off to take a nap?" He suggested, plopping himself down onto the couch with little effort. I simply made a shrug and sat beside him.

"Wanna watch TV?" I piped up after a few moments of silence. I didn't necessarily feel like watching anything, I wasn't really a TV person. But I suppose I needed to rid the awkward silence between us.

(Woo! I'm going to try and write more tomorrow ❤ kind of glad to be back. Ily all)