Rain Doesn't Matter.

The morning came early, seeing as I’d slept only minutes after Spencer left my room last night. Ryan crashed on the couch in my room (Cool enough as my room was,I had one to make it even better), and was currently still asleep. I’d only just woken up, and unlike the mornings I'd been here, the sun was indeed not shining-- but the sound of rain pouring onto everything outside was hitting my ears. I take a second to rub my eyes and stretch out my arms, and gather the energy to sit up. I'd slept in my jeans and shirt, I was too tired to change nor care.

      Ryan was currently curled up, his eyeliner smudged around his eyes and his Ry-hawk (As I called it now) was slightly askew. 

      He looked absolutely adorable. I admit it-- he was really cute. But I couldn't begin to have a crush on him, seeing as I'd only known him for, what, 4 days now? That's way too soon. I'd have to wait. I'd have to get to know him, become close. And today was a step towards that, because we'd be hanging out all day. 

      I stand up on my feet, giving my head time to clear the dizziness that came with standing so quickly. I stretch out my legs and stride lazily over to my closet, grasping a All Time Low shirt. I pull out one of my pairs of black skinny jeans from my drawer and make my way to the bathroom. 

      I change fairly quickly, so I begin to work on my makeup. Just a little mascara and eyeliner, foundation; brush my long brown hair, and done. Makeup was a simple task for me. I open back the bathroom door and step back into my vast room. Ryan was no longer on the couch; but he rather just walked past me with a smirk into my bathroom. "Mind me using your makeup remover, and your eyeliner? Thanks darling." he says, and before I could even open my mouth, he's already taking off his eyeliner. I just laugh a little and give a small shrug, tossing yesterday's clothing into my laundry basket. "We're not sharing a room here, Ross." I say playfully, looking in my full-length mirror that was nailed onto the back of my bedroom door. 

"Now we are!" he jokes, finishing up the black rim around his eyes and prancing out. He strides over to my closet and pulls out my one and only dress (that was pinstriped with a black belt around the waist) and held it up to him. In a mocking gay voice, he stated, "Do you think I should wear this today, Sweetie? I think it's a nice day for it outside. The rain matches your sense of color." 

"Why I think it looks lovely on you, Ryan. Go ahead." I mock back, snatching the dress out of his hands with a smile and putting it back. He and I both burst out in laughter and I mess up his hair. "You have the best hair ever, I swear," I refer to the brown, silky mess that was atop of him. It wasn't formed in his Ryhawk, seeing as he'd need hair gel to reform it and I didn't have any. It was rather just flippy. Still adorable.

"Meh. Thank you, but I like yours, too. It's long and straight and it suits you. Makes you look even more cute." he says with a quiet smile, and I turn away before he can see me blush. 

"Soo, it's pouring out there. What are we going to do about our walk around the neighborhood?" I change the topic quickly, knowing that the reply would be to just hang inside. But I didn't want that. 

"We still walk in it," he says with a grin, "grab your combat boots." 

A smile overcomes me; the rain was something I'd always enjoyed, and as long as it meant being calmed by it and walking & talking with Ryan, I didn't care if I caught a cold. 

    I step over to my closet again and pull my black lace-up boots and slip them on, covering the bottom of my skinny jeans. Ryan excused himself for a second so he could go borrow a shirt and pants from Spencer, so I took the second to check myself out in the mirror-- I didn't look too bad. I'd never really thought that in the first place, since high school. 

    In high school, everyone knows the kids are TERRIBLE. You get picked on until you feel like falling into a black hole. I dealt with that, but it only made me feel better about myself in the end. I realized that they were only trying to get to me and they sometimes did't really mean the things that they said. Ever since I thought about it that way, I didn't feel self-conscious. I didn't mind the way I looked, with bright blue eyes, long, straight brown hair; and not too skinny but not too overweight: just what I called in the middle. I was satisfied. 

    Ryan comes back in a minute later, dressed in a pair of almost-skinny jeans and a v-neck shirt and his jacket, along with his pair of boots. He gives me a smile and gestures for me to follow him. 

    When we reach outside, the rain was still hitting the pavement in loud thuds. The sky was blanketed in a sheet of gray clouds, allowing the sun no access to us. We start our path on the sidewalk, already feeling my hair starting to dampen as the rain fell onto it. It didn't matter. 

"So, tell me about yourself." Ryan says, looking at me. I give off a smile. "Well, I'm obviously Sage. I love pop punk, my favorite color is red, and I'm from Miami, Florida... My mother and father are alcoholics who decided to rid me off to here because I 'can't live with them anymore, I'm a 20 year old who needs to go out and do somethin.' But, I am doing something." I say quickly. 

"Such as..?" Ryan asks curiously. 

"Well, I'm an artist. I draw and paint. I'm currently going to online college to get my degree for it." I say, not being able but to smile at the fact that I was pretty proud of myself. "Mom and dad said that it's a load of shit, artwork, but I find it to be amazing." 

"I do, too. I think it's wonderful that you're creative in that kind of stuff. Maybe you could show me your drawings or even make me something?" he replies, interest shining in his eyes. 

"I'd love to." 

"Awesome. One other thing.. you said your parents are alcoholics?" 

"Oh, that. Yeah." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"My dad has been one, ever since my mom left when I was little. I feel your pain." 

(A/N: yes hello! I'm back! And I'm going to be writing more! I found this cute site that encourages me to write by giving me a picture of a kitten every 100 words! Haha. But I love you guys! Vote, comment, follow me, whatever you wanna do. Feedback? )