Sunset & Sorries.

An hour later, the boys & I were back home, sprawled out in my room. I was unpacking, and they were helping.

At least, not with my clothes. You really can't trust boys.

"Sage, where do you want these?" Brendon asks, holding up my three favorite books: Peter Pan, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (He'd find out in a minute that I had more Harry Potter books in the bottom of my bag, but I didn't say anything)

"Bookshelf." I say, gesturing to the large oak bookshelf to the left of my bathroom door. He gives me a thumbs up and places them on the top shelf.

"This is quite unique, where'd you get this?" Spencer asks, holding up a black and white striped candle I had. It had a smoky gray ribbon tied around its center, and it was vanilla scented.

"I made it. In 6th grade," I say, smiling a little. I'd made it on a cool summer day, when there was nothing to do.

It meant the world to me. I'd been so proud of it, showing it to everyone, telling them how long it took and how much effort I'd put into it. It was just a small thing that made me joyful.

"Set it on my nightstand. Please. And be careful with it," I say, hanging up all of my band shirts in the walk in closet. I hear a thump behind me and spin around. Brendon had dropped all my HP books.

"BE CAREFUL!" I shout, picking them up. He looks taken aback for a moment and bursts into laughter.

Not a moment passes before I'm laughing, too. I drop the books and one lands on his foot and he yelps, which only makes us laugh harder.

About five minutes later, we were sitting on the ground, catching out breath from the giggle fit.

It was really random.

I finally stand up, and fix my hair.

Ryan was seated on the booth thing in front of my window, knees to chest, staring out. We hadn't spoken since the almost-kiss.

Not even had we made eye contact.

I walk over to him and sit in front of him.

"Hey, Ryan?" I say, looking at him with concern.

He snaps his attention to me immediately.

"Huh?"

"About earlier... I'm sorry it was so awkward."

He shakes his head and smiles a bit.

"I think the boys came running in for a reason at that moment. It was just too soon. I'm sorry." He says, sighing, disappointment vivid in his eyes.

I nod a little but manage a smile.

"Its completely okay. One day, after we get a little closer, we'll see about it." I say, and he instantly smiles. I stare out at the sunset, falling just under the top of the trees. It was beautiful.

(A/N: another short chapter & I'm sorry. I'll try to update more often, I love who ever actually IS reading this thing haha. 💜)