Gift Box.

The sun was glaring off of the black, polished coffin, deflecting into my vision.
  I stood next to the boys, Ryan on my left, Brendon on my right.
There was a sense of dread in the air, as with every funeral.
In my mind I was deciding whether or not to comfort Ryan; as I didn't want any backlash at him from wanting space in the condition he was in.
I also wanted to comfort him, as we had grown so close the past few months.
   As it turns out, Ryan was the first to make a move-- he laid his head on my head gently, and my arm instinctively wrapped around his waist.
   The priest blabbed on by the casket, before it was finally lowered into the ground.
------------

It had been a couple weeks. A grueling, quiet couple of weeks; dread hung in the air still though the funeral was long past, and though things returned to normal, emotionally we all were still shook. ( A/N go away w ur shook meme before u sAY ANYTHING THIS IS A TIME OF DESPAIR)

It was my birthday, in fact, though that was not my first thought when I woke up that morning. I was more concerned about how Ryan was doing.
Ryan had came over a couple times within the weeks to crash on the couch to stay away from his home he and his father had shared. Some days we didn't hear from him, which was understandable; but still made me worry.
We all still made occasional jokes when we hung out, but it was still more gloomy and not as light-aired as before.

   I was currently seated in Spencer's living room, playing a game on my phone. Spencer and his parents had gone off to visit a family member for the day, though they had wished me a happy birthday before they left and exchanged a few gifts with me. Other than that, I was left by myself. I was mainly lounging around, waiting to hear something from Ryan-- it had been at least a day since I'd heard from him.
I got up to fix myself a glass of water when a knock came from the front door. I jogged over to it and opened the door quickly.
There stood Ryan, a box in his hand.
I opened up the door further to allow him in, no words being exchanged. Inside though, I was happy to see him. At least I knew he was doing okay.  He sat the gift down on the table.
I shut the door back and turned to face him.
His face seemed solemn, but there was something in his eyes that seemed to tell me that something was going on.
"Sage." was all he said before embracing me, his arms wrapped around me tightly; it took me a second, but I returned his embrace with just as much passion.
When we released each other from our arms, he picked the box back up and handed it to me.
"Open it, please." was all he stated, not even looking me in the eyes.
I nodded, unwrapping a ribbon that was tied around the small box.
Taking the top off of it, a bracelet glimmered from inside of it, clear blue gems lining the entire thing.
I gasped softly, my eyes meeting him instantly.
"Ryan..."
"I know it's your birthday. And this was my father's. He wanted to give it to my mother to fix their relationship before she left, but he didn't have a chance. And I want you to have it, Sage. I know what's been happening is pure shit, and I'm going to need time. But you've been there for me the whole time. You've always been there for me, in fact. So I want you to have this, and I want you to know that... I love you."