Replay

"Mr. Ross, your father is dead."

The words seem to play over and over inside of my mind within a small span of just a few seconds.
Ryan's dad was dead.
I immediately glanced over at him to see that his eyes were wide with what had to be shock. He wasn't moving, just staring at his phone. Spencer gave me a questionable look as a moment of silence went by.
Ryan suddenly got up from the table and walked out of the pizza place, taking the keys with him. I immediately ran after him, only to see him drive away just as I stepped outside.
Brendon came up behind me.
"What was all of that about?" he asked, for once in his life looking genuinely serious.
"Ryan's dad is dead."
He looked taken aback for a second, as if I had said that something completely absurd.
His facial expression smoothed into a more sorrowful look, as he walked over to Spencer and from what I assume, told him the news.

(A/N: hi everyone! Yes, though it's been such a long time I am continuing the fic due to your love and support for the story. 💕 I missed you all and I read each and every one of your comments! You've noticed probably that this chapter is a bit short, I'd like your opinions whether if you want to see more or not!!)