Chapter One: Nevada.

I didn't understand.

I was being taken from my peaceful & serene home Miami, Florida, to the "Sin City" of Las Vegas, Nevada. All because of the fact that my parents didn't want me around anymore. I was being shipped off on an airplane to live with my cousin, Spencer, and my aunt and uncle-- all whom I've never seen or met. I had to say goodbye to the sunny blue skies and the crystal water and say my greetings to flashing lights and casinos. It wasn't a change I was prepared for, I can tell you that.

So here I was. The weight of my suitcase containing my clothes, my carry on bag keeping my cosmetics and hygiene things, and a messenger bag saving my valuables and what else I needed was dragging me down as I lug off the plane. I'm hit with the different scent of Nevada, one I'm not used to.

I was pretty much lost, even though I was 20 years old and had been in a lot of airports for trips and vacations. I didn't know Spencer or his parents, so how was I supposed to look for them?

My cellphone rings it's usual tone-- Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy. I answer it immediately, seeing the caller ID as my cousin.

"Hey Sage, we're inside at the first waiting lounge. We're the only people here, so it'll be quite obvious. Ok?" Spencer remarks.

"Alright, I'll be obvious too. I'm wearing a Blink 182 shirt. See you in a minute." I say, hanging up my phong and slipping it into my messenger back.

I weave my way inside past a few people here and there. It was 3am in the morning, anyway. I reach the first lounge and see 3 boys sitting together, engaged in a conversation.

It felt awkward not knowing which one I was related to.

I clear my throat and they all look up at me. One was wearing a lot of eyeliner with a teal V-Neck on, another was wearing a red jacket zipped up with jeans and slip-on Vans, and the other one was sporting black dress pants and a regular black top. He stands up.

"Hey, it's Spencer," he says, managing a smile. I return the favor and shake his hand.

"Sage, obviously. Who are those two?" I ask, trying rmy best not to sound rude.

"Uh that's Brendon--" he refers to the one in the red jacket, "and that's Ryan--" he gestures to the one wearing eyeliner, "they're just my friends. They wanted to meet you, too." He says with a little laugh. I smile genuinely at them, and I can't but notice, uh, Ryan, is staring at me just a a little. It almost makes me want to giggle because he IS pretty cute but I just brush it off as Brendon offers to take my bags. I nod politely and thank him as Ryan snatches one for him and smiles sweetly at me.

"See, Brendon? I can be nice too." He says glaring at him, with what looks like a dab of jealousy. Brendon just rolls his eyes and laughs, starting to walk off to put my things and ourselves into the car I guess. I hope the drive home wasn't too far, I was sleepy as shit.

(A/N: Shannon's back, people. I'm done with my scene phase from last years Dahvie fanfic and I have a lot of Fanfics actually worth reading for you guys. It's been a long time since I've wrote on Wattpad so please forgive me! Plus it's late at night right now and I'm tired. I love you all, comment or vote if you want 💜 let me know what you think. I'll have more up tomorrow. xoxo)