Almost Awkward.

CDs, clothes, and magazines where plastered across his rather large room. I can't help but laugh at the way everything was.

"So as you can see, Brendon keeps his room in five-star quality. Look at how organized!" Spencer inquires sarcastically, picking up a Fall Out Boy CD in the middle of a pile of shirts.

But oddly, his room smelled like vanilla.

Whatever.

"Hey shut it, I'm sorry my room can't be as clean as yours is, kinda like a girls room--"

"IT IS NOT. IT IS JUST A CLEAN GUY ROOM AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT."

"YEAH WELL GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE MESSY ROOMS, IT'S A GUY THING."

"WELL WHAT IF MY MOM MAKES ME CLEAN IT!?"

While Brendon and Spencer were "fighting," Ryan and I had managed to creep ourselves out the doorway, laughing silently.

We made a dash downstairs quietly, and we jolted out the front door. The boys would be so mad when they figure out we left.

We hurry down the street, before Ryan grabs my wrist and motions towards his house. There were no cars there.

He pulls me into his home after unlocking it and drags me upstairs after him.

The house, unsurprisingly, was kept neat and clean.

Ryan and I trail into his room, where he sits on the edge of his messy bed (no one said his ROOM was kept clean) and gestures for me to sit by him. I do.

"Can you play guitar, Sage?" he asks.

"No..." I reply, letting a sigh escape my lips.

"I gave up when I was 14. It didn't make sense to me." I continue, feeling a little embarrassed. Guitar was fairly simple to learn to others, but just so complicated to me.

"I can teach you a little if you want?" Ryan suggests, smiling a bit and lifting himself off his seat to the corner of his room, plucking a guitar off its stand.

He sits back by me, closer than before, and strums a few chords.

"Why not?" I respond finally, giggling.

He smiles and takes my hand, placing it on the neck of the guitar. He adjusts my fingers a bit until he mutters a "perfect," but he doesn't take his hand of mine.

"That's a G chord," implies Ryan, giving the guitar a slight strum.

"Can you remember where it's at?"

"I think." I reply, studying where my fingers are.

It was dead silent, and Ryan was staring at me. I could feel his eyes .

I looked back up after a second and our eyes meet.

His bright, adorable brown eyes were connected with my bright blue ones and I didn't even notice his face moving closer to mine, but when I did, I repeated the action.

Just before our lips met, the door downstairs flew open and we hear Brendon screaming "WHERE ARE YOU LITTLE SHITS!?"

Ryan and I quickly separate ourselves from by eachother as I stand up, looking around the room like we didn't just almost kiss.

I whistle to myself, looking casual, like in those shows & movies.

Brendon runs up the staircase and into the room.

"You guys are SO mean! Just leaving Spence and I in my home, while you two run off to Ryan's house probably to make out or something--"

"ARE THEY HERE?!" Spencer says a few moments later, dashing in the door.

"We looked ALL over the neighborhood for you two! And why do you have your guitar?"

"He's teaching me to play, you asses. We ran off because you two were arguing," I laugh, seating myself in a chair Ryan had in the corner of his room.

"Whatever. Psh. Fine." Brendon says.

"But you two better have not been going anything else," Spencer says, wiggling his eyebrows.

Brendon stares blankly and Ryan laughs.

(A/N: Short chapter but I'll update tomorrow! I haven't had school since Monday because of snow and I'm out tomorrow, too! Woohoo! 💙)