Darkness surrounding / 19

Sai sat alone in his apartment. Everything was dark. And his mood was as well. 

He thought back to the day he spent with his comrades. And the argument he had with them about Naruto and his motives to abandon the village.

In his eyes Naruto was an absolute coward. He couldn't believe what Ino found good about him. He surely was a capable fighter but he abandoned his comrades doing their mission. And that was unforgivable. 

He hated Naruto for how Ino was acting towards him. He didn't deserve Ino. Not at all. Sai wouldn't admit it in front of everyone but Ino really should be with him instead of the blonde idiot.

"You feel hatred and that his understandable."

Sai looked up. He saw a familiar figure standing in front of him. It was a person with a black coat, black hair and white strains.

"What do you want, Rikuro?"

"I want to help you Sai. I know what your desires are. And I'll help you get what you want."

Sai remebered the first time he met Rikuro. It was the evening before the mission he went on. Sai felt already jelous at this point because of the relationship of Naruto and Ino and how she would always reject him while Naruto was gone. Completely not understandable for Sai.

Sai sighed. "I need to apologize. You were right about Ino. She certainly isn't in her clear mind. Naruto manipulated her. I see that now."

Rikuro shaked his head. "There is no need to apologize. You were naive but you saw the truth. That is important."

Sai glanced at Rikuro. "What should I do?"

"You have to show Ino why she should have you instead of him. He is gone and this will be the chance for you."

"But how should I do it? She will not talk to me anymore."

Rikuro smiled. "Don't worry about that. Soon there will be the perfect chance."

Sai tilted his hand in confusion. "What do you mean? What will happen soon?"

Rikuro stared at Sai. "Say, what do you think about the village? Does it mean a lot to you?"

Sai looked down. Well, he primarily lived for the ANBU. He had no other cause of living to be honest. Therefore the only thing that held Sai was Ino.

Sai looked back at Rikuro and shaked his head.

Rikuro smiled. "I thought so. Well. Prepare. One of my most trusted persons will be here and enable the chance for everyone to reesteem themselves. Start of a new life. And you can help me. You can help Ino going onto that new path. This will be your chance. Prepare, Sai."

Sai wanted to ask more questions but Rikuro already disappeared. Sai sat back down on the bed and thought about his words.  Enable the chance to reesteem yourself. Does he mean....

Sai sat there in the darkness. And thinking about the cryptic message of Rikuro. And what he would do if his interpretation was correct.

...-...

Naruto suddenly felt sick. He was on his way to Mount Myoboku even though he didn't know the exact direction. But he had a feeling for that. And on  his way he stopped because he felt a cruel pain inside of his body. Naruto coughed and then felt something come out of his mouth. He felt sick and wanted to throw up but he couldn't. Something did came out of his mouth and it scared Naruto. It was a black crow. The same black crow that cought him once in a genjutsu made by Itachi. The crow turned its head around and stared into Naruto's eyes. His eyes widened. The crow was still stuck in his mouth but it didn't matter as the Sharingan eyes of the crow began glowing and the genjutsu kicked in.

- - - - - - - 

Naruto opened his eyes. The entire world was dark. He didn't know where he was and it was hard to recognize something. The sky was pitch black and everything seemed to glow in a blue-whiteish color. Naruto turned around and  saw a large, shattered building. He could make out the Uchiha sign. The Uchiha Hideout? Why am I here and why in Itachi's genjutsu?

Naruto looked more closely and couldn't believe his eyes. He saw Itachi engulfed in a orange flame and was slowly walking towards Sasuke. Both of them were completely wored out because of their battle. The entire enviroment was destroyed.

Itachi reached Sasuke. Naruto wanted to call out for them but couldn't. He just watched helplessly as Itachi moved his hands and....

Poked his forehead. Naruto's eyes widened. While doing so, Naruto felt the power of Itachi being slowly drained. Itachi was dying. 

"I'm sorry. But this... this is the last time, Little Brother."

With a last smile Itachi broke down and dropped to the ground. Naruto felt another brutal pain. Itachi... died.

Sasuke stood there with shock in his eyes and just when it began raining, Sasuke dropped to the ground as well. And with that the genjutsu began fading away. But Naruto had learnt one important thing during this confrontation.

Itachi died and Sasuke probably wanted to know the truth about everything.

- - - - - - -

Naruto opened his eyes. He was standing on the same path he stood before. Nothing has happened. And the crow was gone as well.

But Naruto learnt something important after that encounter. Itachi died in Sasuke's presence. That cannot be good.

Naruto decided to forget this for now and move again. He had to reach Mount Myoboku and and find the murderer of Jiraya.

After a long path of walking and thinking, Naruto suddenly felt a dark presence. He looked up and recognized a bright waterfall. But that was not the only thing. 

In front of the waterfall there was a person. A man with a black coat with red clouds on it. Akatsuki. He slowly moved towards that person until the strange shinobi turned around.

"I never expected someone to come here."

Naruto analyzed the person. He was rather tall. His face was covered by the Akatsuki coat but nonetheless he saw some metal piercings on his nose. 6 to be exact. The shinobi spikey hair - almost the same as Naruto's hair - but it was bright orange. But what crazed Naruto the most were his eyes. Strange purple eyes with black rings.

"Who are you?"

"And who are you?", the person asked.

There was a silence between them. Naruto couldn't help but feel strange about this guy. Additionally this guy had a dark aura around himself. Naruto felt uncomfortable when being next to this guy. But at this point he lost control of his body.

Naruto just rushed forward not knowing that this guy would be his downfall...

Flowery Fox - a NaruIno Fanfiction - Darkness surrounding...