The attack / 10

"Oh. You really did wait."

Naruto looked up and was met by Temari's dark blue eyes. She had a genuine smile on her face, clearly being surprised that Naruto really did wait for her to leave Gaara's office.

"Well, I said so, so basically yeah..."

Temari giggled and planted a short kiss on Naruto's cheek which rewarded her with a tomato red Naruto.

"Temari, don't do that!"

"Why not, loverboy?"

"You know that I..."

"That you find me attractive? Is that what you want to say, loverboy?", she asked.

Naruto was annoyed. "No. I already have a girlfriend, ya know."

Temari giggled. "But you're saying "ya know", so there must be something going on inside of you." Before Naruto could correct her she calmed him with waving hands. "I'm just kidding with you. But still, thank you for waiting for me." Her face turned serious again. "Gaara told me about your mission. He decided that Kankuro and I shall join you."

Naruto nodded, signalizing he understood. He was slightly happy. Temari and Kankuro are capable fighters when it comes to dangerous missions.  They would giving this mission more security and Naruto was happy about it.

Suddenly Temari waved her hand in front of Naruto's face, resulting in astonishment form his side. 

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said: let's get Kankuro and head where the others are. They surely need help. Or... do you want to flirt with me, eh?"

Naruto blushed slightly. "I hope you're kidding. Let's get going."

---

"So, do we have everything?"

Naruto heard the voices of Kankuro and Temari hit upon each other. He wasn't eager to enter the discussion because he was thinking about what his team was doing right now. He knew his team was competent but he couldn't help and feel a certain unease. Orochimaru and Kabuto were unpredictable. Even with the help of Temari and Kankuro Naruto was afraid that something still could go wrong and one of his team mates would get killed.

"Earth to Naruto, you hearing me?"

Naruto turned to Temari who was looking at him with questionable face.

"Sorry. What did you say?"

Temari pouted. "I said that we are ready to go. We can head off now."

Naruto nodded. "Then let's get going. I don't want to waste any time we have."

---

"Alright, I set up the sensor here."

Ino nodded at the comment Hinata gave. Currently they were setting up chakra sensors that would alert the team if any shinobi would appear and try to attack them. 

Ino moved forward to setup another sensor when she heard the voice of Sai.

"Ino, did you hear something from Naruto? Did he arrive in Suna?"

Ino shaked her head. "No, he didn't contact me. But I believe he would if something would have changed."

Sai nodded. But Ino could sense some sort of uncertainity in Sai. It was improtant to keep the team chemistry high so she decided to talk to him.

"What's wrong, Sai? What are you worried about?"

Sai glanced at her. "Nothing serious. It's just... what if Naruto doesn't arrive in time?"