Infiltrating the hideout / 11

"So Temari. How's life been in Suna? We weren't talking for almost 2 years?"

"Eh, y'know. Sandy. But pretty calm. No attacks or anything..."

Naruto walked in front of the group, leading them towards the Tenchikyo bridge. He was still stunned by the argument he had with Sai right after the attack. Of course he understood the doubts Sai had and the insults were reasonable but Naruto thought that what he has done was just the right thing. Without Temari and Kankuro there would have been no way they would have defeated the hostile ninja. And therefore he had to agree with Temari. The only thing that matters the most to him is the safety of his team mates.

"Naruto."

He would not admit it in front of his team mates but he was afraid of the meeting with Orochimaru. But Naruto was not afraid because of his strength. He was afraid because the memory of the Third Hokage being killed by the Snake Lord. He was only 13 years old but he felt so much hatred inside of himself. At this point Naruto wanted to kill Orochimaru and the hatred increased after Sasuke went away to go with Orochimaru. 

"Naruto."

Sasuke. Everytime when he thought about him the events of the Forrest of Death occured in his head. The moment when Sasuke was marked by Orochimaru. The fight against Sasuke at the Valley of the End. The moment when Naruto's Vermillion Rasengan and Sasuke's Lament Chidori clashed together and sealed the defeat of Naruto. It was at this point that Naruto swore to become stronger than ever and control the Kyuubi so he could defeat and bring back Sasuke.

"NARUTO!"

Naruto startled. He turned around and glanced at his group. Ino,Temari and Hinata were looking at him with worried faces, Kankuro looked at him neutral and Sai didn't bother to show his emotion. 

"What?"

"What is wrong? What are you thinking about?", Ino asked softly. 

Naruto blinked. He didn't notice that he was so stuck in his thoughts and didn't notice his friends and mates calling out for him. 

He shook his head. "It's nothing." Naruto turned back around and continued walking. He didn't bother to look back at his friends. He wasn't in the mood to talk about his personal problems.

After some time they reached the bridge and after crossing it they finally reached the cavern entrance. They decided to rest a bit before storming the place and wait for the night. They wanted to be at full power before confronting Orochimaru and his nin.

---

Naruto was sitting on a tree and waiting for the sun to set down. He couldn't think about nothing but what all the people around him said. He couldn't forget the insults that Sai threw at him. Of course they were reasonable but it hurt to see how his own team mates were thinking about him even though he knew Sai only for 2 days. 

Another thing he is worried about what Sai could have said to Ino. He was afraid that during the time Naruto was gone Sai tried to talk Ino into doubting Naruto and his decisions. He couldn't help but feel some kind of... jealousy?

"Hey, Naruto."

Naruto flinched and saw Ino who just climbed his tree. 

"How are you?"

Naruto tried to give her a smile but of course Ino noticed that this was another of those fake smiles he gave the last time before he entered the ninja academy. Ino looked at him with a worried face and then sat between his legs so he could embrace her. That turned his sad smile into a genuine one.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I just... nothing."

"Don't do this. We're a couple, Naruto. Talk to me."