Confessions / 5

A uncomfortable silence laid down in the Hokage's office. All persons were staring at Naruto. Sakura and Ino in confusion, Kakashi in fear. Tsunade was staring at Naruto with a serious face even though it didn't hide the strain inside of her. Naruto stared back at her, directly into her eyes. He knew what he was doing, he knew that it was wrong to connect the attacker to Hashirama and Madara. Hashirama because Tsunade was directly related to him and Madara because it seemed that nobody in the village knew about him. And Tsunade was wondering how he knew about him.

"How do you know about Madara?" Jackpot.

"It doesn't matter right now. What's important is..."

"I asked: how do you know about Madara?!"

Naruto stared right at Tsunade. She wouldn't answer his questions if he didn't answered hers.

"During my training with the Kyuubi," both Kakashi and Sakura startled when he mentioned the beast. "I was able to have a short glance at some memories of it. Memories revealing that the bijuu was involved in the battle between Madara and Hashirama."

Tsunade shortly nodded. It wasn't planned to let anybody find about about the unprestigious battle the former friends had fought. But now Naruto knew about them.

"Granny Tsunade, what's more important is that we have to go after the attacker. The attack has to do with Sasuke, I am sure about that. When we find him we..."

"No mission will target the retrievement of Sasuke!"

Naruto stared at her coldly. It was stupid to be an obstacle to an important mission, just because Sasuke.

"This is not only about Sasuke. It is about the person who attacked Anko goddamit."

Everybody in the room startled. They knew that Naruto could become wild but not in that extent. Not as a pure human has to be said.

Tsunade looked at Naruto, considering her options. But it was clear that she already made up her mind.

"Naruto, I can't authorize the mission. It is too dangerous. It would only risk..."

"A Sharingan and a Senju-Clan-tattoo are things you are willing to ignore?"

Tsunade looked at him surprised. She didn't expect this answer.

"I am not clever but even I can see that the combination of those clan abilities is a danger to everyone who is confronted. It will be danger not only to the ordinary people and the ninja but especially to the jinjuriki. Especially me."

Tsunade was even more surprised when she realized how mature he was talking. He was... really caring for his village.

"I will go after him. If you like it or not. To find out the truth. And only the truth. And if you don't like it: I don't care. I know what my responsibilities are."

And with that he turned around and went for the door only to be stopped by Ino who embraced him.

"I'll go with you.", she said softly.

"Ino, you don't have..."

"Naruto!"

Naruto turned back to Tsunade who was now standing.

"I know I can't stop you. But I command that you take a squad with you. I'm not letting you leave all alone."

Naruto just nodded. He was happy that Tsunade approved of this mission. So he didn't have to sneak out of the village.

"According to my infos, parts of all teams are busy. But some ninja are available. Those would be: You, Hinata, Ino and Sai."

Naruto looked at her confused. For more than one reason.