Meeting with the Hokage / 2

Naruto, Ino and Sakura entered the Hokage building only to stand in front of the Hokage's office door. Deep inside Naruto knew he was slightly excited to see his Granny Tsunade again. It has been such a long time and yet he still remembered the first day they have meet. He remembered his fight against Kabuto and Orochimaru and how this fight gave Tsunade the will to return to Konohagakure and become the Godaime Hokage. And he remembered how angry she was after finding Naruto, Kiba, Neji, Lee and all the others wounded in battle because of their mission to retrieve Sasuke which obviously failed.

They stood now in front of the door and Naruto was ready to knock but he was interrupted after the door suddenly opened up to reveal an upset Shizune.

Naruto was surprised and blinked at the sight of Shizune. Normally she was never upset except when Tsunade didn't acted as usual a Hokage would.

"Uh.. hey Shizune?"

Shizune looked at him but pushed him aside to leave and went down the floor, clearly being enraged. Naruto felt like an idiot but decided to ignore it and entered the room to see an clearly overworked Tsunade together with piles of paper on her table.

"This paperwork is going to kill me someday. If I would have just stayed in gambling business. Alright, what is it?..."

Tsunade looked up only to see an amused Naruto together with a giggling Ino and Sakura.

"Maybe greet me since I returned just half an hour ago?"

Tsunade stood up and embraced Naruto who was clearly embarrassed but nonetheless was happy to see Granny Tsunade again.

"So you're back, huh? And you've already met Ino and Sakura, I see?"

Naruto shrugged. "Yup. I hope you didn't mind waiting a bit."

Tsunade grinned. "No problem, honestly I wasn't expecting you today. But since you're here, we can immediately come to business."

Tsunade went back to her desk and leaned on the table.

"So. I don't know if you already were told, but since you returned, there will be a lot missions for you. But there is problem."

Naruto looked at her irritated. What problem could affect him so much?

"As a genin, you are only able to take rank D and C missions, while your comrades already have accomplished some B rank missions."

It took a bit for Naruto to realize what she meant. But when he did he was shattered. He immediately turned to Sakura and Ino.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME ALL OF YOU ARE CHUNINS?"

Ino giggled. "Shikamaru is already a Jonin and Neji is on the best way to become one as well."

Naruto was now completely shattered. He was the only Genin left in his group. His return couldn't end up worse.

"Fortunately, you have the chance to take a special test and should you pass, you receive the rank of a Chunin."

Naruto looked up. "Really? Who will be testing me?"

"I will."

BOOM

Everyone in the room startled. Naruto was looking at Kakashi standing behind him. What surprised everyone is that Naruto was in the motion to punch him. Luckily Kakashi could catch his fist just in time before things would escalate.

"Your reflexes are perfect. But you shouldn't attack an ally."

Naruto realized whom he was talking to and took his fist away.