85 ~ homework can wait

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I'm going to hand the phone to Phoebe, one of my co workers okay?"

"Okay." Lisa replied. Suddenly she felt a little hopeful.

"Hello?" A new voice asked. Her Australian accent heavier than the other girls.

"Um hi, my names Lisa."

"G'day Lisa. I hear you were asking about our old owners?"

"So Owen and Lily did own it?"

"Yup, built it and ran it only until late last year. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I uh... my girlfriend knew them pretty well and um... I was just thinking that she'd like to visit them again."

"Awe well that's sweet of you. It's true they don't run it anymore but they still come in and eat every Sunday morning."

"Really?"

"Yeah they do." Phoebe replied. "They sit in the furthest booth. The one with the rose engraved on it."

"Okay. Well my girlfriend doesn't live in Australia anymore, we live in South Korea. But I'll be sure to bring her down one day."

"Awe, you sound nice. Well if you ever do find yourselves down here then give a holler okay mate? I've worked here for awhile and I doubt I'll be leaving anytime soon."

"Okay. Thank you Phoebe."

"Of course Lisa. Have a good arvo."

"Oh uh, you too." Lisa chuckled lightly before hanging up. What was an arvo?

Lisa grabbed Chaeyoung's homework and skipped downstairs. She was ecstatic. Owen and Lily didn't own Sunflowers and Lillies anymore, but they still visited, every Sunday.

Roseanne can still see them again.

As Lisa approached Chaeyoung, the blonde looked up and noticed the homework in her hands.

"Since we have school tomorrow, I thought we should try to finish this?" Lisa smiled, sitting down next to Rosie on the floor.

"Your rose is really nice." Lisa smiled at her sketch. "You must like them a lot, since the blanket I got you had one too huh?"

"Yeah. I was named after them."

"Cute." Lisa beamed. "You know, roses really suit y-"

Roses.

"They sit in the furthest booth. The one with the rose engraved on it."

Did... did Owen and Lily sit in that booth because it reminded them of her? Of Roseanne? Wait... how come they never reached out to her? Wouldn't they offer Chaeyoung refuge? Wouldn't they-

"Lisa? A-Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked quietly.

"Oh, haha yeah. Um what do you think about doing this homework then?"

"I think I'd rather do you." Rosie stated. Putting a strand of hair behind her ear. "But then again, I'm just a root rat." Chaeyoung responded sheepishly in English.

"A what?" Lisa stared confusedly.

"A root- oh, haha never mind."

"No what's a root rat?" Lisa asked in English again, since she didn't even know how to say a root rat in Korean.

"It's just a term we use in Australia."

"Okay. A term for what?"

"Uh, Lisa it's nothing."

"Not nothing." Lisa spoke. "Tell."

"A young woman who enjoys sex a little too much." Chaeyoung blushed. "Didn't know I was a root rat until now."