Chapter twenty-two

The guys finally took me home. We all gawked at Xavier. 

"Well, Being that I trust all of you with my own life, I suppose I should be able to trust you wuth my sons for a few minutes. I need a shower." We laughed as I carefully stood up and handed Xavier to Mike. 

Alex helped me upstairs to shower. When we came back down all the boys were huddles around the baby. I took a picture and laughed,

"No one would ever believe that these four hardcore metalheaded guys would be so gentle" We laughed again.

"You guys all must be ehausted. Go home, rest. Come back in the morning !" Mike pushed everyone out, as the all agreed to go. 

"Come on, let's test his crib." Mike looked at me and smiled. "Kay, carry mee !" I laughed. Mike helped me upstairs as I held our son. 

Mike sat down in the black rocking chair and reached out for his son. I handed him the child for he could rock him to sleep. 

I walked over to the crib, which held inside it, a soft mattress with a light blue sheet covering it. Laying messy, a soft black blanket for which we'd cover Xavier with, and the Jack the Skeleton stuffed amimal laying in the corner, ready to protect Xavier from bad dreams. Instead of a normal mobile for babies, atop his crib hung a beatiful dream catcher.. I stood there admiring his crib till Mike came over.

"He's fast asleep." Mike said carrying him into the crib and lightly laying him down. We made him as comfortable as we could. I watched him sleep. 

"That's our kid. Our son." I said, still I couldn't believe how we could create something so precious. "Sure is babe." Mike smiled and dragged me into our room.

I took out my laptop while Mike flicked through some tv shows, obviously not interested. Being my creative self, I made us some ringtones. 

I smiled at myself and looked at Mike. "Lemmee see your cellular device babyy." I reached out. Mike raised his eyebrow and handed me his phone. I set the ringtone and handed it back. He continued to look at me, confused. 

"Oh true !" I said , and took mine out to call him. When I did one of the most true songs for us played. "Well really, I'm so thankful for the people I meet, the places I've been, and the things I've seen. But when she's not here, it doesn't feel like I'm living my dream. I know they say, that no one is perfect, but I swear she's perfect for me. And that makes it so much harder to leave." 

I looked at Mike who had a tear rolling down his face, "Now you call me." I smiled slightly. 

"If you miss me, I'm just a phone call away, please be strong, be strong for me. I need you to show me, how to change the insdie of me. For my heart, for their sake, be strong, be strong for me."

Two parts of Memphis May Fire's song Miles Away, was more perfect than anything for us . 

"I hate leaving you." Mike said pulling me close throughing my laptop on the floor, next to Sebring who was curled up sleeping soundly. 

"I know, but we're strong babe. You'll be home before we know it. And our honeymoon when you come back!" I laughed, playing with Mike's hair. "Yess! I can't wait.' He said kissing me and pushing me down onto the bed.