Chapter twenty-one

We  rushed into the hospital, my contractions were getting worse. 

"Remember when we got Sebring !? How happy you were when we saved her?! Think happy babe!" Mike was trying to comfort me by bringing up good memories, as we sat in the waiting room.

"Ahhh !" I screamed, crushing Mike's fingers. "Ouch!" He whispered rubbing my arm.

Finaly Alex showed up with a nurse and a wheel chair. "Ohmygodd !" I screamed, I couldn't even stand up. Mike helped me into the chair. 

Before I knew it, we were in our room. Mike helped me into that ugly hospital gown.

He laughed a little looking at me. "You're still drop dead beautiful babe, just as much as the day we met." He kissed me. I tried to smile and share his joy, but I was just so gone. I laid my head back on the pillow while he held a cool rag to my head.

"Alright ! Let's see if you're ready to push!" The doctor said, too cheery, It made me want to choke him.

I looked at Mike and took his hands. My sister continued to hold the rag to my neck and forehead.

"Alright Nikki, when you feel the pain of your next contraction, push." He smiled, again I wanted to choke him.

Instead I squeezed Mike's hand and screamed pushing as hard as I could. 

"Good, good. One more time." The doctor said. And I did so. Mike yelped in pain, his poor little drummer hands, i thought, laughing a little to myself. 

I heard a little crying and felt relief. "Congratulations! It's a healthy little boy." the nurse wrapped him and brought him to me, eyeing Mike while she did so. Hell no.

"Uh, really? He just became a dad. Get your skimpy ass out of here." I snapped. Mike and Alex busted out laughing as the nurse handed me my son and walked out. 

He was absolutely beautiful. Mike was leaning over me a little, cradleing the baby;s head in his hand. The baby was about the size of Mike's hand anyways. 

"Hi Xaiver. I love you already so much." I cooed. I looked up to Mike, who was already looking at me. He bent down and kissed me. I handed Xaiver to him. Mike held him so carefully. 

"I'm gonna make you so proud son." He smiled and followed the nurse to cut the embilical cord and clean him.

Mike's big thing was making Xaiver proud of him, he felt that his dad didn't do that for him, so he'd do it for his own son. My father wasn't there for me either, which made him even more determined to be the best, which I knew he would be. 

"You did it sis." Alex smiled, distrupting my thoughts and handing me a cup of ice. "You're next." I laughed slightly. Alex rolled her eyes.

"Are you tired? You look like a mess." Like I didn't know. "Not really actually. Full of adrenaline I guess. I'm sure I will be tired though." We laughed.

Mike came back empty handed. "Go watch Alex, they said you should bring him back to her." He smiled looking at me. "Yessir !" Alex got up.

Mike took my hands in his and kissed them. "You did it babe. Xavier's just so beautiful." Mike was glowing, like he always seamed to. "We did it." I corrected, and tried to lean forward but he beat me to it. He kissed me fiercly.

"Oh yeaaah ! I'm getting laid soooon !" Mike laughed, I playfully punched him but that just threw him into a fit of laughter. 

"Hereee he is !" Alex brought Xavier to my arms. Mike scooted closer and let Xavier wrap his little hand onto his pinky finger. 

"Jaime just texted me saying they're on their way up!" Alex glowed, missing Jaime i'm sure. 

All of a sudden, Vic came running into the room first. "Where's my nephew!?" He came to us to admire Xaiver. Jaime and Tony followed close behind. 

"Look Xavier. That's Uncle Vic, Uncle Tony, Uncle Jaime, and Auntie Alex." Mike said smiling at our son. I looked at Vic. "Here." I gave Mike Xavier who took his son to his brother. 

"Hey little man." Vic smiled at his nephew. I laid in bed watching as my son got passed around the room bonding with his Uncles already. Finally he was back in my arms. 

"I brought you guys a bag from home, I figured you'd want it." Jaime said handing Mike a bag. "Thanks guys, for being here. I'm gonna miss you so much. Xaiver is gonna too, when you leave next week." Everybody put their heads down. 

"You best be sending us pictures daily. Of everything, you and Alex, especially Xaiver. We'll only be gone for two months!" Tony said, trying to lighten the mood. 

Xaiver hiccupped and giggled at himself, which made us all laugh. I looked at the guys, "Ugh, just take me home !" I smiled, as they all did back.