butterflies (lana)

Part 3

It's been a week since Lana got here and we've been inseparable. The more I get to know her the more I feel myself falling for her. We've spoke about escaping Briarcliff and we're working on a plan. Lana knows the way out because it's the way she got in.

"Ok, so I know how to get us out of here, we just have to find the right time to do it so we don't get caught." Lana says as we sit on the sofa smoking. "It's coming up for this new thing they're trying, family day, when everyone's family's, if they have any, come visit and they all have a day in the day room with their family with music and food, so there will be less guards walking about and the sisters will be in the day room. We just need to wait until Jude and her lap dog Mary Eunice are there and then we can sneak out, we can pretend we're going to the toilet and run for it, do you know how to get to the exit from here?" I say feeling excited, "ok so we wait till family day which is when?" Lana asks, "It's in 2 days" I say, "perfect, that's exactly what we'll do and yes I know how to get there from here, I hope this works and we don't get caught, I can't take being in here anymore, you're the only thing that gets me through the day" she says and I smile at her.

*Family Day*

"I want you all on your best behaviour today, I don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone who's coming today, I hope everyone has a fun day with their family's and if it goes good who knows I might make it happen more often" Jude says then puts music on. "It's so good to hear something else instead of Dominique" I say to Lana, "oh yes it really is, I can't believe we're going to do this, I'm nervous" she says and grips my hand. "Hey, I'm nervous too, but we can do this, we have it planned out and if anything comes our way we'll just deal with it at the time" I say and squeeze her hand to reassure her.

After an hour everyone's family's have arrived, I don't have any family and neither does Lana so that's a bonus for us. Jude keeps looking over at us, it's as if she knows we're up to something. Thankfully someone's family member starts talking to her and her attention isn't on us. "Ok, it's time, you ready?" I say to Lana, "ready as i'll ever be, let's go" She says and we stand up and make our way to the door. The guard at the door asks us where we're going, "we're just going to the toilet, we have to pee is that ok?" I ask, "sure, just don't be long" he says and we walk out the doors.

"Ok, down here" Lana says pulling me down a short corridor. She stops at a heavy door and opens it, "this is how I got in, this is the way out, we need to run through the tunnel and when we get outside we have to run as far away as we can" Lana says. I feel the adrenaline pumping all through my body, I'm finally getting out of here. "Promise you won't leave me when we get out?" I say suddenly feeling a bit vulnerable, "I promise you sweetheart, come on we have to go now" Lana says, "wait" I say and pull her in for a kiss, "ok let's go" I say and we start running through the tunnel, it's dark, we're holding hands and running as fast as we can, we start to see light from outside, "this is us getting to the end of the tunnel, come on baby girl" Lana says and her calling me that makes my heart skip a beat. We get outside and I stop, this is the first time in two years I've been outside, I start crying, feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Honey, it's ok, don't cry please" Lana says holding me. "I ju- I just haven't been outside for so long" I say crying into her shoulder. "You're alright baby, lets go, we can run until we get to the nearest road, ok?" Lana says while wiping my tears away, "I'm sorry, ok let's go" I say and we take off into the woods.