misty comes home

"Misty" Cordelia barely manages to say through tears, "how can this be possible?" "Oh Cordelia, I never thought I would escape my personal hell, then this one showed up, took my hand and guided me home" Misty says with tears filling her eyes. Nan leaves to go back to Papa Legba and Mallory excuses herself, they hug each other, "Oh, how I've missed you, I was ever so lost" Misty says.

It's been an hour since Misty has been back home where she belongs and Cordelia hasn't left her side. They've been to see Zoe and Queenie who are so happy to have Misty back.  They go to the lounge area to have their catch up. "Are you ok? do you need anything? are you tired?" Cordelia asks for the 40th time, Misty chuckles, "no Delia, I'm ok right here beside you" she says resting her head on Cordelia's shoulder, Cordelia smiles and places her hand on Misty's giving it a squeeze. Misty has been asking Cordelia questions about her being the supreme and telling her she knew she was going to be the supreme. They're sitting in silence enjoying being in each others company again. Misty breaks the silence, "Ya know Delia, there's one thing that I really missed apart from you, I missed my Stevie is it ok if we go listen to her in the greenhouse?" Misty asks, "of course let's go" Cordelia says standing up and taking Misty's hand in hers.

They get to the greenhouse and Misty stops at the door. "What's wrong Misty?" Cordelia asks looking concerned, "I've just missed this, all of this, the beautiful plants, you, all the times we spent in here together, all the things you taught me, the memories of us, they were all that I thought about when I was in hell, I-I....." tears start rolling down Misty's face and Cordelia is quickly by her side pulling her in for a hug. "If it's too much for you we can go back inside and come out another time" Cordelia says, wiping away the tears with her thumbs, "no, I got this, as long as you're by my side I can do anything," she says with a little smile, "let me put some music on, will you dance with me?" Misty asks "I cant dance Misty" Cordelia says her cheeks going red, "don't worry, I'll help ya" Misty says as she presses play. Fleetwood Mac Songbird begins to play and she makes her way back over to Cordelia. She puts Cordelia's arms around her neck and she puts her arms around Cordelia's waist pulling her in close. They start to sway to the music and then Misty guides them through the greenhouse. "To you I'll give the world, to you I'll never be cold, cause I feel that when I'm with you it's alright, I know its right" Misty sings in Cordelia's ear. "When you were gone Misty, all I thought about every day and night was you, I tried every spell, every single one I could find to try and bring you back but I failed, you have to know that I never stopped trying and I never stopped thinking about you" Cordelia says with tears filling her eyes. She pulls back so she is looking into Misty's eyes, "I know you would have tried everything but it wasn't your fault, you know I can't stop looking at your eyes Delia, they're beautiful, you're beautiful" Misty says and looks down to the ground shyly. Cordelia lifts her head up by placing her fingers on Misty's chin, "don't look away, you're beautiful too Misty, I've wished I could say this to you since the day I lost you....." she takes a deep breath, "Misty Day I love you, I love you with every inch of my soul" Cordelia says, Misty smiles, "I love you too Delia, I've never known what love is, but the feelings I have for you, I've never had them before, the butterflies in my tummy, how happy my heart is when I look at you and see that beautiful smile, I don't ever want to spend a day apart from you again, I love you so much Cordelia" Cordelia puts her hands on Misty's cheeks and pulls her in for a soft kiss. Their lips brush together and she pulls back making sure it's ok to kiss Misty, Misty nods and Cordelia pulls her in again this time the kiss is more passionate, hungry for each other they only pull apart when they need to breathe. Breathless, Cordelia rests her head on Misty's forehead, "I love you" she whispers, "I love you too Delia." They spend the rest of the afternoon in the greenhouse stealing kisses, soft touches and dancing to Stevie.

After dinner Misty's feeling tired, it's been a big day for her and she wants to get some rest. Cordelia walks her up to her old room. All of Misty's things are still there, not having been touched since she left as Cordelia liked to go in from time to time and just lie on her bed with one of Misty's shawls breathing in her earthy scent. "Do you need me to get you anything?" Cordelia asks, "nah Delia, I'm just gonna take a nice hot bath and then try and sleep" she says, "ok well if you need anything I'll be in my room" Cordelia says and moves to walk out of the room but Misty grabs her hand and pulls her into a tight hug, "I'm so glad to be back home Delia, thank you for spending today with me, I really missed you" she says, Cordelia wraps her arms around Misty's waist hugging her tightly, "I missed you too Mist, I love you" "I love you more Delia" "not possible" Cordelia says with a smile and kisses Misty once more before leaving her room. She closes the door and stands with her back against it, hand on her heart, so thankful to have her dearest Misty back. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath and just at that moment Misty opens the door, "Cord-" Cordelia falls back onto the floor, "oh my, are you ok Delia?" She says helping her up, they both laugh, "yes I'm ok" she says laughing and straightening out her clothes, "did you need something?" She asks, "no I just wanted to see your beautiful smile again" Misty says making Cordelia's cheeks go rosy red and putting the biggest smile on her face, "there it is" Misty says, "good night Misty" "night night Delia" Misty says with a big grin and closes her door. Cordelia walks to her room with a happy heart and a smile on her face.

Cordelia wakes up to someone knocking her door, "come in" she says and in walks Misty. She gets up and walks over to meet her in the middle of the room. "Are you ok?" "I can't sleep, every time I shut my eyes the memories flood my brain and I'm scared" misty says tears falling down her face. "Do you want to sleep in here tonight?" Cordelia asks, "would that be ok Delia?" She says, "yes come on let's get into bed." The two of them get under the cover and Cordelia holds Misty in her arms, Misty snuggling into Cordelia's neck. "I love you Cordelia Goode" Misty whispers, "and I love you Misty Day" Cordelia says back placing a kiss on top of Misty's head. Misty falls asleep quickly but Cordelia doesn't, she just lies holding Misty, breathing in her scent and placing kisses on her head. She's so happy to have her Misty back.