His face was so close to mine that I felt my breath hitch. Even after living with him for so long I still have not gotten used to his dominating energy. The energy of an ancient being that could crush you at any given moment.

"You always liked to test me... Didn't you, Elira." He said his jaw clenched as he tangled his hand in my hair and pulled it to make  me look at him.

I was not willing to give in. He may be ancient but so was I. I used my strength again to push against him but this time he was prepared. We struggled against each other for a moment before we landed on the bed. I was on the of him, straddling his hip, holding his hands above his head.

"And you always loved to push me, Niklaus." I purred in his ear. He smirked up at me as he struggled against my hold for a few seconds. I knew he wasn't truly trying to get free. He was toying with me. He raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to make the next move.

"Tell me what's on your mind," I stated plainly as I looked deep into his eyes, trying to keep my focus as I could feel him shift underneath me.

"You're on my mind. You're always on my mind, Elira." He said calmly. I could see the honesty in his eyes but there was a deep sadness in them too. 

Klaus must have noticed me letting my guard down because before I knew it he was on top of me.

"What to do with you?" He said as he used one hand to pin both my hands above my head. He moved his other hand to stroke it down my cheek but I let my fangs out and tried to bite him. He quickly pulled his hand away.

"feisty... We'll just have to do something about that." He purred as he leaned close to my neck, kissing from the crook of my neck to right above my puls. 

"I can hear your heartbeat quicken, Love." He teased. I struggled against his grasp, wanting to do every naughty thing I've ever learned to him. I felt his fangs grace my neck and I lost it. My instincts took over. I must have taken him by surprise because I quickly ripped my hands free and push him up in a sitting position. I staratled his lap, twisting one hand in his hair, the other for support behind his back as I quickly sank my fangs deep into his neck.

Klaus responded by letting out a groan mixed with a moan. He carefully moved his head giving him access to my neck and slowly bit down it. Mirroring my actions by twining his fingers in my hair and placing a hand firmly in my lower back for support. I moaned in return as I pressed myself against him...

The rest of the day went in a similar fashion until we both passed out, out of exhaustion. 

-------

I woke up the next morning... alone. Klaus' side of the bed was empty. I turned to get out of bed when something on the nightstand caught my eye. It was Klaus' ring with a note laying beside it. I read it and I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach.

"I'm sorry, my love. I'm afraid my wrongdoings caught up with me this time. 

Please take care of Hope for me. 

I love you."

 Forever yours, Klaus . 

I felt the note slip out of my hands as I collapsed to my knees. I knew deep in my heart the second I read the note that he was gone. This was it. He wasn't coming back this time.  I felt as if half of my soul had incinirated. I didn't realize I was screaming until a young Hope came running into 'our 'room...  'my' room...

-------

That was the last time I saw Niklaus Mikaelson... my true love. 

--------

Sadly Hope was the one who confirmed his passing on through her powers. She also informed me that Uncle Elijah had joined him in the afterlife... or wherever they might have ended up...

After Klaus and Elijah passed I became Hope's official guardian. I posed as her mother to get her into the Salvatore Academy. Using the last name 'Marshall' instead of 'Mikaelson'.

Caroline did remember me after all the years I had spent away from Mystic Falls. It didn't come as a surprise I haven't exactly aged. I made an excuse for who Hope was.

I told Caroline She was my adopted half-witch, half-werewolf daughter, Hope Marshall. And another bullshit excuse for how we ended up together which I don't quite remember... Something along the lines that her parents were killed in a conflict between werewolves and witches... or was it something about hunters? I honestly don't know.

Getting her into a school was the easy part but getting through to her has been a challenge. After everything she has been through.... it comes as no surprise.

However, it all changed when I walked into her room and found her on the floor crying one day. I did all I could to comfort her but nothing seemed to work, so I just started rambling on about nothing and everything. It resulted in the story of my life which was the only thing I knew by heart. I've never been mother material nor have I ever had to deal with teenage girls before but I knew I had to step up. I had to do this for Klaus but most importantly, I had to do it for her.

Luckily for me, something about my story made her come back to herself so I just continued until I came to the end... to us sitting on her bed, taking a breath after a long tale.

"Hope... I know this is the last thing you want to hear after all of this but you need to hear it. My time will be up someday, I am very old... even though I might not look it," I winked, chuckled and jokingly did a hair flip. A small giggle slipped Hope's lips which made me smile.

"When that time comes... you'll be ready. You may be angry at me, at yourself, at the world, but you will be okay. Everythingwill be okay..." I didn't know who I was trying to convince, me or her.

"Because you're the strongest person I've ever known. I love you just as much as your mother & father loved you, and that love will never leave you. That is my oath to you," I smiled at her as a tear slipped my eye.

"We may use the name 'Marshall' but we are 'Mikaelsons'. We stay together 'always and forever'" I said punching Hope lightly in the arm at the 'always and forever' part. We both knew what had followed that phrase, so we often used it jokingly. 

Hope leaned over to me and gave me a tight hug. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you, Elira. I'm glad you're still here. I don't know what I would do without you. Your story was exactly what I needed but did you really have to make it that long and complicated?" Hope said jokingly as a teenager would, making light of the subject. I chuckled and wiped away a tear in response.

"Yes..." I trailed off.

"Yes, I did. Because love is complicated and sometimes it takes a long, long time to find not only the love you want but the love you need," 

End of Two Fangs Deep

Thank you so much for staying with me on this journey. This story has been so much fun to write and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did (I mean you made it this face, you must have liked it a little bit).

As usual, I would love to hear your responses in the comments. Did you hate the finale, loved it or was it just okay? I'd love some feedback to improve my author skills

That's all for now. Thank you all again!

Fare thee well, my friend.
Fare thee well

~Eldriel