o. ivy of the phoenix

IVY WAS ASHAMED TO SAY SHE HADN'T CONTACTED HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY SINCE SHE HAD RETURNED TO ENGLAND. She supposed though, it was the safest option, to not draw more attention to them all. Ivy knew she would no longer be safe to walk around freely after being spotted at the wedding however the ache in her heart almost convinced her to write a letter to her parents. She didn't. It was the better option, Ivy figured, letting herself drop the quill she was firmly holding.

Shaking, she pushed herself away from the table and wiped her eyes before any tears could think to escape. With a yawn,  Ivy got up and grabbed her writing tools to put them away. Leo quietly entered the kitchen and wordlessly put an arm around her in comfort.

"I trust him with my life Leo, this is the easiest way to remain safe." Ivy murmured, not daring to look at him. "I'll bring back supplies after every meeting and I'll do whatever I can to ensure we won't be trapped in here day after day."

He whispered, pulling her in for a gentle hug, her head nestled into his chest. "Ivy..."

"Hmm?"

"Promise me that we're all going to make it out alive and we'll find everyone." Leo said quietly, running his fingers through her hair.

Ivy let a lone tear escape. "You know I can't promise that."

Silently, they stood in each others arms embracing for a few solid moments. Ivy jolted out of the hug and took out her parchment and quill.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm writing to Darian." Ivy said firmly. "He needs to stay out of the country."

___________

If Ivy had been totally honest, the dinners she shared with Tonks and Remus made her week. It wasn't totally common but she was around enough to have some comfort being with them. She laughed, hearing a small crash in the kitchen, as she took off her coat.

"Tonks? Are you alright?" Ivy asked, suppressing a giggle. "I thought Remus didn't want you cooking until the baby was born?"

"I'm okay and I'm not cooking." Tonks yelled back, poking her head out of the door. "I was just getting the utensils out when I bumped the cabinets."

Ivy smiled and pulled her in for a quick, soft hug.

"Please tell me it's not that meat soup again." Ivy whispered. "I'm going to have to start cooking for you two if he's prepared it again."

Tonks took her arm and dragged her into the kitchen where the meat soup was bubbling away on the stove.

"Right, where is Remus?" She asked seriously, scowling at the pot.

"He's doing some work on the protection charms in the back."

Ivy shook her head. "I am not eating that meat soup again. You get sick after eating anything?"

__________

"Ivy, love, we appreciate all the work you've been doing but don't you think you should be heading home?" Molly Weasley gently asked.

Ivy, startled, jumped from where she was sitting face on the table. "It's not enough Molly. I've been working for weeks and we still don't know what we're looking for and we have no idea where Harry, Hermione and your son are!"

"Go home and get some rest Ivy." Remus said from the door. "You've been working on it since the early morning, Leo will want you home."

"I know, I just want to help." Ivy responded dejectedly. "I feel like I'm doing nothing."

"You've done so much for the Order, it may seem like we're running around in circles but it has helped." Molly patted her on the shoulder. "Now go home."

___________

Ivy spread out on the couch and turned on the radio, muttered the password, and listened to the familiar voices of Potterwatch. It gave her a little hope that everything would be okay.

"Do you want me to make breakfast, Ives?" Leo asked, leaning against the doorway.

"Just some of that muggle cereal, if that's okay."

Merlin, she just wanted everything to be normal. She hated the war and she hated being away from her family.

___________

Ava knocked on his door and closed it as soon as she was allowed to enter. "Merlin this sucks doesn't it?"

"Thought you preferred to just listen to me complain all the time?"

She rolled her eyes, casting a silencing charm around the room. "I feel like talking sometimes. When it's all over..."

"They need to win." He whispered. "I don't want to win."

"Neither do I." She conjured up two goblets and looked under his bed, pulling out a few bottles of fire whiskey. "To the hope of losing?"

"To the hope of losing!"