o. life of a gryffindork

PERCY WEASLEY DID NOT LIKE ANCIENT RUNES VERY MUCH, in fact the only reason he took it was because he wanted an OWL in every subject ( it could also be due to the fact that Ivy Parry took this class ). He didn't even need this class to be in the ministry. So, whenever asked why he took all electives, he told them the lie he constructed. Percy sat in silence, listening to Professor Bathsheda talk about rune language, and so Percy took notes. However, two voices distracted him.

"We all saw you cheering for Flint, Parry. He's the only boy who ever wanted you and even he got rid of you eventually."

"Shut up Kyle!"

"Too busy basking in the truth to come up with a proper insult? That's a bit sad." Miriam Kyle sneered.

"What's really sad is that you get a kick out of making fun of me." Ivy replied. "What sad lives you must all have."

Percy noted to talk to Professor Bathsheda after class about that; she could get something done. He was confused as to why Ivy hadn't just given her a detention, since she was capable of doing so. Annoyed that he himself didn't have the ability, he vowed to go to a professor whenever he heard it. He had already done it once and he was not afraid to do it again. He continued to scribble down notes about the subject, his ears tinging pink as he thought of the blonde.

__________

Maybe homework wasn't a great thing to do with Oliver but Percy didn't really have another choice as he really didn't feel like doing it alone.

"I heard that Miriam Kyle was given a detention for making fun of Ivy Parry." Oliver said, bringing Percy's crush up in the conversation. "Don't reckon you have something to do with that mate?"

"Well, something had to be done and she won't do it herself." Percy reminded him as he looked through his transfiguration text book. "You've got it wrong Oliver, it's actually metamorphmagus not animagus."

"Oh right! I was thinking about giraffes and how cool it would be to be one."

Percy rolled his eyes, Oliver changing the subject back to Ivy.

Resting his head on his hand, Oliver said. "So, I saw her in the Slytherin stands during our first game."

"She said she was going to support Flint." Percy grumbled, trying to distract himself with the book. "Said it would be like betraying her best friend to not support him." He scowled. "I could hear her cheering him on from the Gryffindor stands."

"Jealous are ye, mate?" Suddenly, Oliver narrowed his eyes. "They were together for like eight months though weren't they? Nobody actually knows why they broke up but they're still good friends."

Percy warned him. "Shut up Wood."

"But they're must have been a good reason for their breakup. Maybe they're better off as friends." Oliver reasoned, slamming his book shut. "Why is Professor McGonagall making this so hard?"

Percy glared at him, disregarding the question on homework. "You've had to have seen them Oliver! They act like they're still together without actually being together." And then his facade fell and he actually looked slightly sad.

"Well I think she's absolutely mental." Oliver quipped. "She hangs around with a cheat and a liar and yet she can't get over your head being slightly too big-"

"Oi!"

Oliver continued. "But I'm being serious mate, if she can be friends with Flint I'm sure she can be friends, maybe something more, with you."

__________

Percy had to admit that being jealous over Ivy's best friends was a bit sad. At least they got a chance to get to know the real blonde and not the angry one he always encountered. It wasn't always his fault when they argued but at least he got to speak to her. They weren't friends, not even close, and he tried to fix that when he called in the favour with Olivia Davidson, but even that plan failed miserably.

It seemed like he couldn't do anything to become friends with Ivy Parry. She was a closed box that he couldn't open and he was the only one who couldn't. Even Luke Humphreys, a boy who doesn't know the definition of manners, broke into the box and became friends with her. And Leo Whitehall, the goofball Ravenclaw who always loved gossip, was a fast friend. Marcus Flint, a lying, filthy Slytherin even became friends with her before he could. What was wrong with him?

Percy watched as Ivy strutted through the hallway, Luke and Leo by her side as always, but this time was different. Leo was slightly closer to Ivy and Luke was trailing behind, like a kicked puppy. And Ivy and Leo were whispering and pointing to people. Luke for the first time it seemed was dejected and ignored in their trio. All Percy could hope for was that the two of them were not dating.

__________

At breakfast the next morning, a familiar owl dropped a letter into his bowl, right as he was about to put a spoonful of porridge into it. Looking at the familiar handwriting, he shoved it in his bag and forgot all about it. It wouldn't be that important anyway; he could respond later.