o. pyramids and problems

IVY PARRY, AGE 20, SAT WITH BILL WEASLEY OVER COFFEE LIKE THEY USUALLY DID ON A SATURDAY MORNING. It had been a rough time starting up in Egypt but with Bill's help, Ivy had quickly adjusted to the starkly different way of living.

"Things are getting rough back home, aren't they?" Ivy said casually, tapping her fingers against the table. "I don't know how they're coping."

Bill placed his hand over hers to quickly stop her tapping and nodded in agreement. "I was actually thinking of moving back, if it gets much worse. I don't want to leave the rest of my family to fight it all off whilst I'm having a good old time here."

"I love it here, I really do but everyone's suffering." Ivy murmured, sipping her coffee.

"I'm assuming you still haven't heard from him." He stated, looking directly into her eyes.

"Nothing at all. He left months ago and nobody has seen him since." she sighed. "Leo's been in a right state, his letters have been a garbled mess. I'm hoping for the best but I really don't know what happened. Leo's being very tight-lipped despite it all."

"Does he have anyone to help him?" Bill inquired, stirring his coffee absentmindedly.

Ivy shrugged. "Darian's been staying in England for the past year but they barely know each other and none of us have spoken to Lacey since her brother went into his fifth year."

"Are you certain that you can't contact him?"

"My owl cannot find him and he stopped showing up for work according to Rosmerta." Ivy looked around. "Nobody has seen him for months and I think he wants it to stay that way. He's always been good at hiding, especially when he doesn't want to be found. It's Luke after all."

Bill gave her a quick pat on the shoulder and she winced.

"Merlin, Bill! Just because Desmond patched it up doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." Ivy laughed, though truthfully it did hurt.

Bill laughed along with her. "Sorry Ivy, I forget how nasty cutting curses can be."

"Yeah, maybe I can give you another taste? This time you might not be so quick to forget." Ivy's eyes danced like a young girl who just got a new pony.

"No way in hell!" Bill replied loudly, jumping up. "Get your wand away from me, woman."

"My home, my rules!"

"I knew we should have met at my place this week."

__________

"Ivy,

Enclosed is a much more secure method of communication. One can never be too wary.

Remus."

Ivy unwrapped the parchment to reveal a mirror.

"Remus?" She asked curiously.

"Ivy, oh thank Merlin." Remus smiled as he saw her face. "Are things still okay in Egypt?"

She nodded, a smile breaking onto her face. "Yes, Egypt is brilliant. I mean there was a nasty surprise the other day but I got it sorted out quickly. Desmond truly is a saint when it comes to healing."

"I'm glad you're okay. Now listen, I found something." Remus said, voice low. "I've spoken to your cousin about it and he is certain too. There was a picture taken in the Daily Prophet."

"What was in the picture?"

"Well it was a photo from inside Hog's Head, and we saw two people. The girl turned around and faced the camera for a moment." Remus paused.

Ivy suddenly seemed very intrigued. "And?"

"We compared it with other pictures we had, before she was taken." Slowly, Remus smiled. "We are certain it's her."

"I was right. She is alive and has been all this time." Ivy gasped. "I have to get back to England! We need to find her!"

"No." He responded firmly. "It is safer for you to be in Egypt right now and we don't have enough to go on, for a search. This photo was taken weeks ago and we have no idea what kind of people she is with."

"But.." Ivy groaned but stopped trying to fight it.

Remus gave her a sympathetic look. "I promise you, we won't go on a search for her until you're back in England. But Ivy, don't come back unless you really have to. You need to stay as safe as possible right now, it will be safer for you and your family this way."

"If something bad happens Remus, you have to tell me." Ivy said. "Especially if it involves someone I know."