o. alleycats

IVY PARRY SIMPLY ENJOYED SHOPPING, and although stocking up on millions of fancy quills and crystallised pineapple was not practical, it provided a nice distraction from the OWLs which were just over a month away. Leo honestly couldn't focus on anything she was doing for he was far too focused on the boy next to him.

"When do you think Ivy will be finished picking out quills?" Luke asked him, casually draping an arm around his neck.

Leo felt blood rush to his cheeks but he didn't move the other's arm away. "I don't know, ask her?"

Neither of them said anything as Ivy suddenly piped up. "Found it! I'm done boys." Luke's arm rapidly snaked away from Leo's neck as Ivy turned around. "I'll go pay and then we'll go to the book store?"

Nobody dared argue with her.

------

"So, I was thinking about getting a fiction book to read so I'm not overdone with factual stuff. I know for OWLs it's a pain and I'm almost always revisi- oh hi Percy!" Ivy suddenly stopped and smiled at him. "What are you looking for?"

Leo rolled his eyes and the two of them walked to the door. "Of course, she drags us here and then sees Percy."

"She's basically dropping her panties for him." Luke remarked. "It's quite sickening actually."

"You tell me; I've been constantly dealing with her going 'Oh Leo, he is so hot' and 'Will he ever like me more than a friend?'. Its been terrible." Leo imitated her and used over-dramatic actions, making Luke chuckle.

It brought a smile and a light dusting of pink to spread over them both.

Luke nudged him a little, ears bright red. "What do you say we ditch her? See how long it takes for her to notice, eh Leo. We'll go hide in the alleyway around here."

Leo smirked. "Trying to lure me into a trap Lukie?" He accepted and walked out of the door that was held open for him. "Well I must say, I'm definitely falling for it."

Leo gulped; he had never been so open in his advances. He actually kept his crush under wraps most of the time ( he'd only muttered Luke's name in his sleep once before ).

"Oh shut it you." Luke grabbed Leo's arm and dragged him to the abandoned alley. "How long do you reckon it'll take? Five minutes or longer?"

In truth, Ivy knew the second they walked to the door and she was inwardly hoping for something good to come out of her abandonment.

Leo chuckled nervously "I'd say longer. I mean it's Ivy, she's as oblivious as it gets."

It was silent for a few minutes. Leo tapped his feet and gulped yet again, looking anywhere but at Luke. Luke however was staring intently at him, eyes furrowing in confusion and something.

"Why are you staring at me like that Lukie?" Leo received no answer - he looked up at him. "L-Luke?"

In the short moment it took for Leo to say his name, Luke had leaned closer and their noses were almost touching. Leo's heart hammered in his chest like a set of rock drums. Neither remembered who closed the gap but they could both remember kissing the other back.

Leo seemed to realise what was happening and although he found it extremely enjoyable, he couldn't do that to Luke. He put his hands on the boy's chest and pushed away - he ran into the bookstore, grabbed Ivy and neither of them stopped running until they reached the castle grounds.

------

"Ivy, I messed up! I messed up really bad! You have to help me!" Leo was freaking out and although it was a bit excessive, Ivy could see his point.

He could easily be rejected and outed and Ivy would hate for him to be an outcast.

"It's okay, Leo. I promise you, I will fix this." Ivy paused, taking a deep breath. "Now, tell me, was it good?"

Leo gasped, and shrugged his shoulders. "Yes, it was everything I ever imagined and more and yes he did kiss back but he's probably really confused right now. Oh Merlin, I just left him there. That wasn't good at all was it?"

Ivy shook her head and muttered. "Well no but you did exactly what you thought you should do. Fight or flight reflexes."

"I'm officially dead Ivy; unless you find the resurrection stone it's bye-bye Leo Whitehall." Leo suddenly turned as white as a sheet. "Write on my grave that I am sorry."

And with that, he ran again. Ivy looked around and spotted Luke. She had to fix this.