o. iago the brave

IVY PARRY WAS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED. She understood to a certain extent that as a wizarding school, Hogwarts could be dangerous at times, but she didn't expect students to be in immediate danger from an unknown source. Mrs Norris and a Gryffindor first year had already been attacked by the anonymous creature and it added onto the nerves everyone already felt. There was no telling who exactly was next.

Prefect rounds were tenser than normal, and more often than not, they were told not to bother and instead leave it to professors. It was one of the rare occasions where Ivy was allowed to participate in her rounds and she was thankful that she could talk to Leo. Things had been rocky with the trio but it was slowly going back to normal. Leo still spent more time with his Ravenclaw roommates, and especially Ender Mitchell.

"Ivy I don't understand how you do it sometimes." Leo told her as they walked along the corridor, wands at the ready. "It seems so easy for you to get into a relationship. Me and Luke have been treading the water I'm not even sure what he's feeling." He paused for a moment as though gathering his thoughts. "And I think for now, I might try something with Ender. We both like other people but it might be fun, yknow?"

Ivy let out a short laugh and turned to face him, eyes gleaming as the thought entered her head. "So you're planning to make Luke jealous?"

"I guess." Leo turned around, hearing a skid behind him, the light from his wand illuminating the boy in the shadows. "Hey, you're not supposed to be in the corridors this late! Especially not with all the weird attacks that have been happening."

"Iago! You should know better than to be out in the corridors. What are you even doing out here?" Ivy gripped his shoulders and pulled him along the corridor. "We need to find Professor McGonagall and get you back to Gryffindor tower though I'm sure she'd love to hear exactly what you were up to. I don't need you getting put in the hospital wing."

_______________

Ivy was surprised when Lacey Smith sat next to her during breakfast, not that she didn't mind the extra company, but because she was supposed to be one of Miriam's best friends.

"I know it's strange and you're probably extremely confused but I think you're really cool and what Miriam does is wrong." Lacey smiled and filled her bowl with milk before adding her cereal. "I tried telling her she was being a bit stupid but she didn't listen to me so I kind of gave up and well, here I am!"

She grabbed her spoon and shovelled some of her cereal into her mouth and swallowed before she spoke again. Using her sleeve to wipe off the excess milk on her face, she stared at Ivy who was still silent.

"I suppose I should formally introduce myself seeing as we've gone the past six years pretty much hating each other." She held out her hand, rolling up the sleeve with the milk. "I'm Lacey Smith and I think that we'll be good friends!"

Ivy stared her up and down before replying. "You're extremely bold." She had yet to accept the handshake.

"I get that a lot." Her head dipped, abashedly, and her hand slowly retreated.

"Ivy Parry, but I'm sure you already knew that." Ivy took her hand and shook it, though the motion was rather odd to her. "I'll give you a chance."

"Thank you."

"Ivy why didn't you wait for me this morning? I walked down by myself." Luke grumbled grumpily, swinging his legs so he sat on the bench. "Why is she here? And where is Leo?"

Ivy didn't even get to reply to any of his questions before Luke spotted Leo, talking to Ender and laughing. The worst part to Luke was the hand on Ender's shoulder casually.

"So that's where Leo is then." Luke whispered. "It doesn't matter, it wasn't important anyway." 

_______________

Ivy and Percy wandered by the lake before dinner as classes had just ended. It was peaceful and they were glad to get a moment to themselves. On the ground, Ivy noticed a flower buried in the bushes surrounding the lake.

"Perc, look! Isn't it pretty?" Ivy twirled the flower in her hands, the pink petals seemingly glowing in the sun.

Smiling, he took it from her hands. "I don't think any flower could be as pretty as you." Gently, he moved her hair behind her ear and placed the flower in her hair.

"Merlin Perc, sometimes I forget that you can be strict and stern when you say things like that." Ivy giggled, and traced circles on his chest.

She pulled him in for a small kiss, smiling as his lips gently brushed against hers. When they broke apart, a faint blush spread across her cheeks.

"Merlin I love you."