Chapter 15 - Lousy Lying & unfair offers

Start from the beginning

"Stop," I murmured against his lips.

"Shut up."

"Shawn."

"Norah," He mimicked, finally pulling away.

"Please leave." He rolled his eyes and kissed me again, his tongue slipping into my mouth almost immediately. His hands pulled me closer to the edge of my black desk as he pressed his hips into mine. His large fingers held my waist, keeping me from pulling away.

"Don't ever fucking ignore me again," He whispered hoarsely into my ear before nipping at my earlobe, and then trailing kisses down my neck. I felt his mouth pull into a smirk right above my collarbones before he began sucking harshly. I let out an involuntary moan and he gently bit down, then kissed the red mark and brought his piercing gaze back to mine.

"Do you understand? He muttered, hand grasping my chin and keeping my eyes locked on his. I somehow managed to find my words.

"I saw you with her."

"With who?"

"Cara. I went to bring back your suit jacket, and she was in your office or whatever. And I saw you guys. But obviously it doesn't matter, because we aren't dating." I explained.

He rolled his eyes at me, pulling me closer to the edge and keeping our bodies pressed together. "Norah, I don't date. I'm a 24 year old CEO. My business comes first. Then I fuck and I play golf, and then I go back to work."

I scowled at him. "So let me get this straight. You fucking almost punched a guy when I danced with him, and I'm supposed to let you have sex with anyone you want?"

"Yes."

"That's bullshit," I hissed, anger rising with every stupid word that spilled out of his pretty mouth. "Get out of my office."

His fingers dug into my hips to keep me where I was, completely helpless under him. "No. Will you just fucking listen?"

"I don't want to hear what you have to say!" I yelped, shoving him backwards. I slid off the edge of my desk and adjusted my shirt. "You shouldn't have come here, and you shouldn't have kissed me."

"You kissed me back."

"Because you make me feel all these conflicting emotions that I don't understand! It's awful!" I stammered.

"You sit here with your poker face and nothing ever affects you, but I actually have feelings. I'm not letting myself get hurt!"

"Norah," He sighed, stepping towards me with his hand outstretched. I hastily stepped away and he tried to hide his frustration, letting one hand run through his hair.

"You're mine. Look at the mark on your neck. Mine." There was a long pause in the conversation as I looked at him awkwardly, taking in his toned chest that the black t-shirt clung tightly to, and his now messed up curls, and his swollen pink lips. He was so beautiful it was almost cruel. I took a deep breath before speaking to calm myself.

"But you aren't mine?" I asked quietly. The color rose to my cheeks and I stared at the ground helplessly.

"No."

"Leave, please." He stepped towards me again and caught my waist before I could step away. His long fingers, clad with silver rings, tugged my chin up to look at him.

"The last thing I would ever do is hurt you."

"I don't believe you." His eyes flickered with uncertainty.

"Norah, I am not going to date you. I will not be your boyfriend because we are not in the fucking sixth grade. My business is first. But I want you to be mine. Because I know you want me just as bad."

"You're a hypocrite."

"Yes I am," He admitted. "But I see how your body responds to me. How you respond to me. You get chills, and you glance at my lips constantly. Why don't you just give in?"

"I'm not made for this. I'm not made to just be a fuck buddy, or whatever."

"Not a fuck buddy. Mine," He corrected quietly.

My heart pounded at his words. It sounded so nice, to be his. He would hold me, and kiss me, and protect me, and I would get to be around him often. I would get to kiss his soft lips and rake my hands through his hair. But I would also get to be yelled at and bossed around. And he wouldn't be mine. It was the worst offer anyone had ever made me, but arguably also the best.

"For being a business man, you don't know how to negotiate worth shit," I scowled. Much to my surprise, he let out a loud laugh and leaned down to kiss me check, lingering for a moment to long. I cringed away from his hot, minty breath fanning across my cheeks.

"Don't be difficult, Norah," Shawn smiled.

"Don't be a dick, Shawn," I mimicked. I could feel his hands tighten around my waist as his smile turned to pursed lips, all amusement from earlier gone in a second.

"Come over tonight. We will have dinner and talk."

"No."

"Yes."

"No," I repeated. I could hear my own hesitance in my voice.

"As usual, it was not a question. Mark will pick you up at seven," He stated as he finally released my waist. "We will have dinner and discuss, like adults." I groaned and let my head fall into my hands.

"This isn't some business deal, Shawn. This is the real world, with like, feelings and stuff."

"I know," He said simply.

"So I will see you at seven."

"Why aren't you wearing a suit?" I asked. I chewed on the inside of my lip as I waited for a response.

"Because I did not go to work today."

"Where did you go?"

"Stop asking questions. It is annoying."

"Get out of my office, please," I mumbled, picking at my silky pants to avoid looking at him.

"Just go. I'll come to your stupid apartment tonight if you just go. You're overwhelming." His expression went black and he gave me a curt nod, leaning down to give me another kiss on the cheek, the curls that I had missed so much tickling me.

His lips and curls were a deadly combination, and from the smirk he gave me after I sighed in content, he absolutely knew it. I watched him warily as he stepped towards the door of my office, turning around before he opened it. A hint of guilt flashed across his face but was quickly wiped away.

"You probably shouldn't come over tonight. You are right about me."

"I know." He nodded his head thoughtfully and shoved his hands into his black peacoat.

"You are going to come anyway. Against your better judgment, I assume?"

"I am."

"Good. I will see you at seven. And you have something on your shirt." My face flushed crimson as I glanced down at the stain.

"I spilled yogurt when you showed up. It scared me."

"Oh," He muttered, pausing for a second with one hand on the doorknob to look at me. He narrowed his eyes and tugged his lower lip into his mouth. I knew immediately that whatever he was about to say, I wasn't going to like it. His entire demeanor hardened.

"You are already mine. You know it just as much as I do, Norah." He stated coldly. And then he slammed the door behind him, leaving behind the slight scent of his cologne and coconut shampoo. I collapsed into my chair in a helpless mess. Our interaction had left me weak at the knees and with a pounding headache. He was the most confusing, exhilarating man I had ever met.

Each time I was around him, I was drawn to him. His presence consumed me to the point where I could do nothing but agree with him and then regret it later. Maybe it was because he was just scary. But, maybe it was because in the back of my mind, I knew he was right.