Chapter 12 - Night club & demanding dance

Start from the beginning

 "S-sorry, dude. I didn't know," He yelped. I frowned as I turned around to face him, only to see him staring over my shoulder wide-eyed. He quickly scrambled away from me as I whipped around.  

"I told you not to dance with anyone else," Shawn hissed, holding out a hand for me to take.  I stared back at him and crosses my arms in defiance.

 "That sounds like your own problem."  

"Norah, don't," He warned. 

He took a step closer and this time I took his hand reluctantly and let him pull me back through the sea of dancing bodies. When we got back to our table, he sat down and motioned for me to sit beside him.  

"No," I shrugged, shaking my head at him slightly. 

 "Yes."

  "I'm going to dance. I didn't ask you to come tonight."  He frowned and squeezed his hands together. 

"You did not ask me, but I came anyways. Stay with me."

  "No."  

"Don't be difficult, Norah."  I stuck out my tongue at him childishly and stumbled away back into the crowd. When I looked back he was absolutely fuming, running his hands through his hair and grabbing the ends as he watched me. I shot him a wink and grabbed the next man I ran into, a short brunette.

  "Wanna dance?" I slurred. The man immediately started grinding against me. He was a horrible dancer, but I didn't care. I was too drunk, and I knew it would piss Shawn off. Not even 10 seconds of dancing later, the man was being pushed off of me and Shawn's arms were around my waist.  

"Mine," He mumbled as he shot the man a glare. 

The brunette withered under Shawn's gaze and scurried away quickly, stammering out an apology.  I smirked up at Shawn and wrapped my arms around his neck.

 "Oh, so now you want to dance?"  He grasped my hips roughly and pulled me against him, keeping his large hands firmly on my sides as he spoke. His forehead rested against mine, curls tickling my head. But the look on his face told me that I didn't dare pull away.  He took a deep breath before speaking.

 "Do not do that again," He stated hoarsely.  In response, I raised myself up on my tiptoes and gave him a quick peck on the lips. He flinched away from the contact and looked down at me in surprise.  

"Sorry," I giggled. "M'drunk." 

 "I know," He sighed, eyes softening a little bit. 

"Now come back to the booth." 

 "We're dancing!" I whined.

 To prove my point, I started swaying my hips against him. I tugged at his neck and brought his face to mine, resting our foreheads together. His eyes darkened as we moved together.  He squeezed my hips one last time and released me. I stumbled back from him in confusion and pouted. 

"Why aren't we dancing anymore? Was not fun?"  Shawn leaned forward and I felt his lips brush against me ear.

 "Dance for me," He commanded.  I stared down at the ground as everyone moved around us. No one seemed to want to come within a foot of Shawn, probably because of the death glares he was shooting everyone.  

"What do you mean?" I mumbled shyly.  He smirked and ran his tongue over his lower lip, stepping out from the crowd. 

"I am going to sit at the bar. Dance for me. Only me."

  "Now?"  

"Now."  

I watched in silence as he stepped away from me. His curly head was taller than most in the crowd and easy to follow. He sat at the bar, was handed a beer, and then turned around. His brown eyes scanned the crowd for me.  When they finally landed on me, he grinned mischievously and raised his beer to me. I scowled at him, walked closer so I was in his line of vision, and began dancing.  If I wasn't so drunk there was no way I'd be doing this. I kept my eyes focused on him as he watched me moving to the beat. He slowly sipped his beer, keeping his dark gaze on me the entire time. I slowly raised my hands over my head as I turned around, tossing my head back and letting the music move me completely.