Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures

Start from the beginning

"I'm still not sure if 'perfect mother fucker' was a compliment though. Care to enlighten me?"  I turned my glare to Tyler, narrowing my eyes as I felt the bright red flushing my cheeks from embarrassment.

 "Traitor," I hissed.  That was it for Tyler. He burst into a fit of giggles, doubling over in laughter as I glared at him. Shawn have me another smirk and cold gaze before turning to Tyler. 

  "Thank you for letting me in, Tyler. Come, Norah. '

"Oh sure, I'd love to accompany you. Thanks for asking," I shit back sarcastically as I followed him out the door of To my apartment. He clenched his jaw and placed his hand on the small of my back, leading me to the parking lot.  I shivered under the touch of his hands. Even though the fabric of my dress was between us, his fingers still seemed to be icy. He pulled out his keys and clicked the button, causing a sold black Audi A6 to flash it's lights as it unlocked.

  "Nice car," I complimented with a whistle. Although I should have expected it. He gave me a curt nod to show he head heard me, but otherwise ignored me. Mendes opened my door and helped me climb in before walking briskly to his side.

  I watched him walk in front of the car. He took long, confident strides and kept his chin raised, as if someone was constantly waiting for him to mess up. He had on a fitted grey suit with a printed blue button down shirt on underneath. Once again, his hair was pushed back off of his forehead.

 He started the car and took off without another word. Shawn's drive at a borderline dangerous speed. I never pushy twisted my fingers as we ran a red light. "Could you slow down?" I asked cautiously. I felt him glance at me. 

 "No," He shrugged.

  "You're scaring me," I whimpered as we blew through another red light.

  "No, Norah," He replied more angrily this time. "It's a car that is made to go fast. So I will drive it how I please. Now be quiet."  I let out a huff and crosses my arms.

 "Why did you even ask me? You obviously don't like me, Mr. Mendes."  

"Shawn." He corrected with a frown. He gave me another sideways glance an actually stopped at a red light, much to my relief. "I don't like you. You're infuriating." 

 "You didn't answer my question," I grumbled, resting my head against the window. He chuckled lightly as he drummed his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. We finally pulled into an upscale sushi restaurant.  

I tried to unlock my door and realized it was locked. Shawn climbed out of the car and walked to my side, opening my door for me once again. "Thanks," I muttered. He placed his hand on my back as we walked side by side into the restaurant.  He walked up to the hostess' desk and stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Table for two."  The hostess smiled up at him. I could see the adoration in her eyes as she took in his beautiful feature. I coughed awkwardly and she narrowed her eyes on me before replying. "I'm sorry, sir. There's a wait right now."  

He chuckled and pulled his hands out of his pockets, placing them on the edge of his desk and leaning forwards l. He gave her a charming smile and cocked his head to the side. "I'm sorry, love," He said with a smooth voice l. I could see the pretty blonde practically melt at his term of endearment. I rolled my eyes. "There's been a mistake. I'm Shawn Mendes."  Her eyes widened as she stood up immediately, fumbling around with papers on her desk. 

"Oh- of c-course, Mr. Mendes. I'm so sorry. I just expected s-someone-"  

"Older? Less handsome?" He mocked. She blushed furiously as she nodded. 

 "Uh, yes. You can follow me."  Shawn gave me a haughty smirk and grasped my hand, pulling me along after him. I gasped at the sudden action, but he didn't even register it. His long fingers clung to mine tightly. I could feel the cold metal of the rings against my sweaty palms. He let go as soon as we were at the secluded table in the back, pulling out my chair for me.   He sat down across from me and pinched his lip before leaning forward on his elbows. 

"Have I told you how lovely you look tonight?"  I absentmindedly played with my chandelier turquoise and gold earrings l, avoiding his gaze.

 "Thank you." 

 "Look at me." Mendes demanded. I raised my eyes to meet his. They were bright and had a angry glint behind them. His pupils were dilated.

 "How was your day at work?"  

"Uh, i-it was good," I stammered, taken aback by his sudden interest. The waitress walked up and poured us each of glass of wine, almost dropping the bottle as she caught a glance at Shawn. I scowled. 

 "You make that face when your jealous," He commented, pressing his thick lips to the glass and taking a small sip.  

"I'm not jealous." 

 "Yes you are."

  "You're so-" 

 "I would advise you not to finish that sentence, Norah," he interrupted calmly. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

 "You don't even know what I was going to say."  He cocked an eyebrow and pursued his lips.

 "I knew it was not going to be pleasant. Don't be rude." 

 "I'm ride?" I hissed, leaning over the table. 

"You basically yell at me and then try to fuck me every time I'm with you. I don't even know why I came," I muttered, standing up quickly. My chair scooter back with a screech. 

"I'm leaving. Thank you for the wine, Mr. Mendes."  I stalked out, throwing my maroon Marc Jacobs satchel over my shoulder. My nude heels clicked against the tiles. The flirty hostess gave me a look of shock, as if to say 'how could someone leave that beautiful man sitting at a table'. I flicked her off with a fake smile plastered on my face.  Shivering as I stepped outside into the cold, I tapped away at my phone to call Tyler. Before I could hit call, it was snatched out of my hand. 

"Hey!" I prostrated, turning around. Shawn shoved the phone into his back pocket and adjusted his collar.  

"You aren't leaving," He hissed, clenching his jaw and tugging at the ends of his hair.  I crosses my arms in defense. 

"I can do whatever I want."  He smiled and stepped closer.

 "You don't want to leave."  I shuffled backwards and he took another step forward, wrapping both of his oversized hands around my waist easily and pulling me closer, leaving only an inch of space between us. I didn't even try to fight him, knowing it was absolutely hopeless. 

 "Yes I do," I whined. I could hear the uncertainty in my voice. His coconut scented curls ruffled in the wind as he looked down at me.  

 "Norah, come back inside," He whispered. He rested his forehead against mine and pulled me so our bodies were touching. I tensed and he raised one hand to my cheek, rubbing his thumb against it soothingly. I involuntarily responded to his touch and he smiled. "Please?"  I sighed and pulled myself out of his warm embrace, resisting the urge to plant my chapped lips against his plump red ones. I had a feeling that if I kissed him, he would taste like strawberries.

  "That's the first time you've ever said please," I groaned, and brushed past him and back into the restaurant. 

 It was also the first time I hadn't seen a hint of animosity behind his light brown eyes as he spoke. It was the second I had seen him smile to where his dimple showed, but the first time I had caused it. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the thought. It was the hundredth time he had caused them.  As I sat back down at the table, Shawn calmly sat across from me, his usual blank expression on his face. 

"You know, I saw you flick the hostess off when you left. It was rude."  And this time, instead of being mad, I giggled softly because Shawn Mendes, stuck up millionaire and harsh CEO, had just made a joke.