I was alone.

No one there.

Just emptiness.

And then I began to scream.

Scream. And scream. And scream.

A blinding pain shot through me and I ripped myself from the nightmare, as well as out of my very lamp, and landed with an agonizing crash on solid ground.

The smell of lavender filled my nose. I was back in the hotel room, thus no longer in any threat of falling into that necromancer.

But the feelings still stayed with me. Along with the strange new air of something wrong.

Without understanding why I let out another scream.

The image of the strange man rolling on top of my body had felt so real. The helplessness and monstrous feelings roaring through me pounded through my very being.

I didn't even realize someone was shaking me until the room lights flickered on, blinding me and scaring away some of the dark desolate feelings in me.

"Y/N what the frick is happening??" Now a familiar voice yelled right in my ear.

I whipped my head around to find myself face to face with Jungkook.

His eyes were huge and his aura was almost blinding, expressing the genuine concern and panic flooding through his body. He was in an oversized grey pajama shirt and sweats, hair spiked all over the place.

"Holy crap, are you crying?" he reached up with a hand, fingers gently brushing one of my cheeks.

He was right. My cheeks were wet and my vision was glassy with still more tears in my eyes. I couldn't remember the last time I cried. Certainly not in the last 800 years.

"I almost went back under," I whispered shakily, hugging myself tightly. "It was there. I felt it. The darkness. The shadows. They were pulling me in. Oh my ghod, I thought I was going to die. No, dying is ten times better than that. I was so alone. So helpless..."

"Whoa, whoa!" Jungkook's grip on my shoulders tightened. "Are you talking about that whole lonely state you suffer through between masters?"

I nodded. The bright light of the room was slowly driving away the feelings. Yet I could still feel them, hovering in the edge of my mind. Ready to pounce and swallow me whole once again instantly.

"Dammit Agent Love, I know you mentioned this loneliness, but I didn't realize it was that bad," Jungkook breathed.

"It was worse," a new wave of fresh tears began to fill my eyes. "It started with this nightmare. I don't know... he was kissing me and oh ghod, he was going to take me. He didn't even ask for consent or anything he just started crawling all over me and..." a sob broke through my words.

It was a dream. Just a frickin dream. But why did it feel so real? Why did I feel truly violated?

Jungkook's expression as well as aura darkened into an unreadable expression. "Who was?" he demanded. "Who was doing this to you?"

"I don't know," a violent shudder ran through my body. "I don't know! But it was so real Jungkook. He was going to do it. He was going to—"

"Shut up," Jungkook cut in. "It was a dream okay? Nothing more. A nightmare. But you're here with me now, and nothing can hurt you, got it? I won't let anyone hurt you. If anyone so much as lays a finger on you like that I'll break them."

Then he pulled my forward to his chest and wrapped his arms around me tightly. Protectively.

Most of my masters or mistresses found hugging me, or any real physical embrace, without clear permission often resulted in rather nasty results (cough-scaffold-cough).

But this was different.

For once I needed someone else's embrace. I needed someone to drive away the devilish murkiness that drowned me.

I curled up into a tighter ball in his arms, trying to focus on the taught muscles pressing against me from his arms. Imagining them as solid barriers repelling everything toxic to me. Imagining them barring me off from whoever the hell that perverted man was in my nightmare.

I was in Jungkook's arms. And for now, until I could stop shaking like I was having a seizure, he would protect me just as he said.

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡