40

Taehyung and I are in shock. It's been two years since the incident and I've been peacefully living with Taehyung. Jackson's corpse was burned by the local cops because of the graphics and gore. Jackson's so called roommate, Mark, was also pronounced dead in Jackson's basement. These stories were never spoken of again in the household, and Baekhyun along with his 8 brothers returned to their normal lives.

Though they still visit very often to hand company. Speaking of company, I haven't heard from my mother since I was bought. But to our surprise, she stood in front of Taehyung and I. Her eyes were sharply looking at the engagement ring on my finger and the man besides her was oblivious to our relationships. I shake my head and Taehyung tightens his grip around my waist. He disregarded his plan along time ago, and instead planned to stick by my side for as long as he loves me, which he promised was to be forever.

I didn't know whether I should be joyful or disgusted to see my mother again, but after knowing what she's done, I chose the latter. Her acrylics dig into the mans bicep while she invites herself inside. "Well Taehyung you've grown into a fine man." My mother says and I'm even more pained when she didn't even address me. After the ritual, it had turned out that my blood color in fact changed as it leaked out of Jackson's corpse, and I am now identified as an immortal eve. Though this news was terrifying, it was comforting knowing that I'd spend the rest of my existence with Taehyung, and that's all I could ask for.

My so called 'mother', if I should even call her that, proudly struts to glance around the mansion and I glare at her through my glass orbs. "Darling, do me a favor. Could you fetch us some tea." Taehyung politely asks and kisses my forehead. But I'm not pleased. The presence of this women is unsettling and Taehyung reassures me by whispering in my ear. "I can handle this. Trust me princess." He says and I go off to brew some tea. I see Jin in the kitchen and he has his ear leaned against the door. I chuckle as I catch him trying to eavesdrop and he immediately jolts to act like he was doing something else. With a shake of my head, I fetch 4 mugs and boil water.

"Did you tell Taehyung about it yet?" He asks as he eyes me up and down. I blush and hold onto my stomach. "You don't think he saw the test right?" I whispered, cautiously keeping quiet. Jin shakes his head confidently and points towards the back door. "I told Namjoon to hide it. Jungkook and Jimin are already planning the event and Hoseok is buying baby clothes." He says. I facepalm and head back to pour the tea after the small 'ding' went off. "You guys are getting too excited. We don't even know what gender it is." I say and place the mugs on a tray. Jin shrugs and walks out the back with his bag of chips. "Tell him tonight." He says and he's gone. I sigh and walk out the kitchen, using my back to push the door open. When I come out, Taehyung is smirking at my mother and her face is flush red of embarrassment. What happened? I softly grin and place the tray down when Taehyung pats the spot besides him on the sofa. I take my seat there and lean against his chest as he continues to banter at mother.

"I don't know but to me it's not very good parenting." He says and I blush at the topic. Consciously, I hold my belly and bite my lip. My mother scoffs and sips her tea. "As if you know how to parent." She says and gazes at me. I share the eye contact then break it. She smoothens up. "My previous daughter. Did you miss momma?" She opens her arms out and the man beside her stays quiet. I as well stay quiet and she seems uncomfortable. "I'd rather not be classified as that." I say and my mother frowns.

"Why not?" She challenges and I cross my arms over my chest, feeling a surge of confidence when Taehyung holds my waist. Mother has always seemed to care about me. But over the years as I took time to really analyze her and our shared moments, I realized it's all just a facade. Though it looked like her true intentions were to protect me, in reality they were in attempt to protect her, and help her succeed and survive. Though things didn't go as planned when Taehyung bought me those two years ago. I smile and lean closer to Taehyung to the point where I can hear him breathing. "It was obvious you didn't love father, you wanted him for money, accidentally got pregnant with me and then lost everything once he died. You didn't love me, you thought of me as a burden. You hid the truth away from me, you didn't care what Jackson did for me and worst of all, you hid a murder from me and dad." I finish off and feel a lump in my throat. Taehyung stands and bows his head slightly. "I suggest it's best you leave, and don't come back." Taehyung says. My mom gasps and the man walks back up to her.

"At least you're not stuck in the club." The man tries to cheer her up but it flunks and I look away to hold in my tears. Once they're gone, Taehyung ignores their half empty tea cups and comes straight to me and kisses my forehead. "Will you be ok?" He asks and I nod. I have to tell him.