Chapter 52: Tell Me

Start from the beginning

Ash said nonchalantly.

Jen: Who's the victim?

Ash: Peyton's mother.

Jen: Oh no. What'd she do this time?

Ash turned Peyton.

Ash: Is it okay if I tell them babe?

Peyton just nodded her head and looked out the window.

Ash: She wasn't kidnapped by Brennen. Her mother sold her to Brennen. Even worse, her mom kicked her out.

Colby avoided talking and kept his angry gaze on the road.

You just looked at them with your mouth hanging open for a good 5 seconds.

Peyton: She did it because... because she said I needed to see what a real boyfriend was like.

Ash: You didn't tell me that.

Peyton: Because I know you would be pissed.

Ash: Yes, I am. Colby, we're going to Peyton's house.

Peyton quickly grabbed Ash's hand.

Peyton: No Ash don't! I can't go back there. I called my sister, she was planning on moving here anyway. She said she'll have everything here in her new place and I can move in with her in 2 days.

Jen: You can stay with us in the meantime.

Peyton: Thank you so much Jen, you have no clue how much that means to me.

Jen: Peyton, I kinda do, I was a victim of Brennen also and my parents have the same mindset as yours. I'm surprised that's not what happened to me... but, Brennen and I had a past and that came back to haunt me.

Ash: The first time I saw Brennen, I had a bad feeling about him. I should've shot him right then! 

Ash just laid his head back and looked at the roof of the car. Peyton turned his head toward hers and kissed him lightly.

Peyton: Now calm the hell down Ash. Everything happens for a reason.

All signs of anger left Ash.

Ash: Okay...

Ash wrapped his arm around Peyton's shoulders and she laid her head on his shoulder.

Ash: I got you now, you're safe now. It'll be okay. I promise.

No one really talked the rest of the way home. Ash and Colby screwed in the lightbulbs as you and Peyton handed it to them. After everyone finished, you all just sat on the couch.

Ash: Peyton, I think I'm going to works at Karen's.

Peyton's face lit up like a Christmas tree.

Peyton: Really?! 

Ash: Yeah...

Peyton: Ash you just saved the best cafe in Los Angeles from shutting down! I have to tell Haley!

Peyton pulled out her phone and started texting. Ash just smiled at her.

Peyton: At least you'll have someone else to hang out with besides me.

Peyton teased.

Ash: Hey!

Everyone, including you was laughing.

Peyton: She said to come by tomorrow and fill out an application.

Ash: Sweet!

Peyton: Oh yeah, I got a job at Vista.

Ash: That's amazing!

Colby: What is Vista? A condom company?

You, Ash, and Peyton all doubled over in laughter as Colby just stared at you three in confusion.

Ash: No dumbass it's a movie theater.

Colby: Well why the hell did they name a movie theater after a brand of condoms?

Everyone just laughed harder.

Ash: Peyton can make the best popcorn in the world.

Peyton: Ash can make the best... well... everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ash's POV*

I woke up the next day and seen a letter from Peyton saying she went with her sister a day early and she would text me when she could. She also said to not forget about the interview today. I checked the time and it was already 12:00 pm. I decided to go ahead and head down to the cafe to fill out the application. I went downstairs and Jen and Colby were already awake.

Ash: I'm gonna go and fill out that application for Karen's Cafe. I'll be back later.

Jen: Okay, good luck!

I walked to the cafe because it only took 15 minutes so it wasn't that bad. I walked in and seen Haley, Peyton's friend, at the front.

Haley: Hey Ash. You actually showed.

Ash: Yeah. I was serious about working here.

Haley: I wasn't serious about the application.

Ash: Oh.

Haley: You don't need one. I trust Peyton and we don't really have the room to be picky about our workers... so... you're hired!

Ash: That was simple... when do I start?

Haley: Tomorrow good?

Ash: Yeah.

Haley: I'll have your schedule then too.

I nodded my head as a middle-aged woman came up from the back.

Karen: Hey, I'm Karen, the owner. Nice to meet you.

Ash: Nice to meet you too.

She handed me a uniform and said she would name a name tag and everything else I would need by tomorrow. I walked out of the cafe overjoyed and walked back to Jen's house.

Song:

"Well, when you go, don't ever think I'll make you try to stay, and maybe when you get back, I'll be off to find another way, and after all this time that you still owe. You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know. So take your gloves and get out. Better get out while you can."

Previous Winner: VanessaMerrellover12

END OF SECTION ONE