Chapter 3 - Smug smile & Surprise tasks

Start from the beginning

Tyler laughed at my mood change that he was used to by now and stood up as I followed him to the kitchen. As usual, he pulled on his hot pink chef's apron before he started.

I poured us each a glass of wine and sat at the kitchen counter as I watched him work his magic around the kitchen. In 10 minutes, I had a huge stack of perfect golden brown pancakes sitting in front of me.I dug in as Tyler sat next to me, eating and drinking together happily as I tried to get my thoughts off of Shawn Mendes ' piercing gaze.

* * * *

The next day at work, I waited impatiently for our 2:00 meeting so I could tell Victoria I got the interview. At exactly, 1:54, Tyler stormed into my office, two cups of coffee in one hand and tugging at his lavender bow tie with the other.

"This thing is on way too tight," He groaned. "Meeting in 5, hurry so I can see Victoria's face when you tell her. Seriously, it's going to be so great."

I laughed and stood up, grabbing the files needed and my laptop. He handed me my coffee and I hugged him tightly in appreciation before following him out of my small office. We walked down the hallway silently, sipping our coffee and tapping away at our phones.

"This wannabe model just tried to get in on tomorrow shoot," I scoffed. "In her portfolio she's wearing an Abercrombie dress."

"Shut up! Lemme see," Tyler laughed, grabbing my phone and looking through the pictures. "How about no."

I giggled as we walked into the meeting room. Alice was the only other one in there. I took a seat beside her and saved one for Victoria beside me, Tyler from across us.

"Alice, do you have the pattern swatches Victoria was asking for?" I questioned as I opened my laptop.

"Yeah, what are there even for?" She asked as she handed them over to me.

"Dunno. I think the August shoot that Aaron is organizing," I answered. On cue, Aaron entered the room with his laptop in hand.

"Please tell me you have the swatches for Victoria," he begged as the collapsed in the chair next the Tyler. I held them up with a smile. "Oh thank god. Alice, you're a lifesaver."

"I know," she teased. "Oh my god, did you hear that Ralph Lauren himself might be coming to the show next Friday?"

"Shut up!" I gasped. She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I heard Victoria talking on the phone about it. It's going to be huge!"

The fall fashion show was right around the corner. Everyone was on edge about it as we tried to get latest minute details sorted out, as well as the next issue. We were all talking excitedly about the show when Victoria walked in, dressed head to toe in black. We shut up immediately as she sat down.

I handed her the fabric and a page of notes on today's meeting which she glanced at before looking around. "Everyone here? Good. Let's talk about the issue. Alice, I take it your article is ready to go."

"Yes, it'll be on your desk by the end of the day,"

"Good," she snapped. Aaron, is everything for the shoot tomorrow planned out? It needs to go quickly. We only have the photographer for 3 hours."

"It is. One model canceled but I got her equally talented sister to stand in. They look just alike, so it won't mess with the shots."

"Hm. Tyler?"

"Yes?" He answered immediately.

"Your idea on leather. Have you found pieces we could use?"

"I have most of them. A portfolio is being made as we speak and I've already sent out emails to the designers in request."

"Okay. All the writers have already been talked to. Everything for this issue seems to be running smoothly. Oh wit, Norah," she said in a mocking tone. "Have you tried to get that Mendes interview yet?"

I nodded in response and bit my lip, hoping to look a little bit distraught.

"And?" She prodded. I could see the smirk playing at her lips. I sent a sideways glance to Tyler who was grinning evilly.

"I got it," I announced proudly. Murmurs filled the meeting room as Victoria's mouth dropped open in surprise, smirk gone from her face as she stared at me. It only took a few moments to recover, but the look in her face was priceless.

She raised her head once again and turned back to her papers as if it wasn't a big deal. "Good. And when is it?"

"Friday at 11. I was thinking Alice could do the interview. She's out best writer and I know she's come up with some great questions."

"Hm, I was thinking that you could do the interview. It'd be your first big assignment as an intern. Not too important, but important enough."

My stomach dropped at the thought. I turned to look at Tyler and he gave a slight shrug of the shoulders. I knew I didn't have a choice. "Uh-uhm. Yeah. Okay. I c-can do that," I stuttered. "Could, uh, could Tyler be in there to help take notes?"

"Whatever," she relied with a wave of her hand. "Now about next wells show...."

I zoned out for the rest of the meeting, already fearing the moment when I had to see Shawn Mendes again. I would be stuck in a room with him for at least an hour, asking him questions. The only thing that was helping me was the thought that Tyler would be in there with me. Maybe Mendes would be less intense.

But he didn't really seem like he type of person to let anyone stop him from doing what he wants. When the meeting was over I rushed out immediately, shutting myself in my office and opening up my laptop. Tyler knocked on my door and I yelled for him to go away.I found myself on Google, looking at pictures of Shawn Mendes instead of thinking of questions to ask durning the interview. Damn him. Damn him for being so attractive