-Taste Like Sugar-

"Your majesty, there's not much else I can do."

"Not much else, you're completely useless!"

What's this... so loud...

"I'm terribly sorry your majesty but there was not a single type of poison running through his bloodstream."

"It's as if his blood has been purified, it's clean. Healthy even."

"If it's so clean why did he puke that dark vile blood all over my carpets, why not test that, see what's in that rotten congealed lump."

Ugh...what are they saying... I can barely process a thing...

"Your majesty I did, the blood is rotten and filled with bodily toxins but there is no identifiable poison within it."

My head... ah, it hurts...

"And they call you the finest doctor of the kingdom, you have no skill."

"Cut off his hands, Klaus you may do as you wish with them."

"Your majesty please, no, please!"

So loud... so terribly loud....

. . .

"Nn..." Seungkwan rubbed his tired eyes as he slowly recollected himself out of his dream state.

Seungkwan blinked a few times before narrowing his vision forward to the ceiling above him, his body was wet and sticky, and when his tongue brushed against the inner moist walls of his mouth, all he tasted was thick metal.

Finally, as he felt himself fall fully back into reality, and small memories of the instance that happened before his sudden collapse slowly started coming back to him.

Seungkwan lifted himself up a bit, finding a secure position with his elbows behind him rested on the surface of the bed beneath him.

"...Vernon?" Seungkwan mumbled, his body felt weak but somehow better in a way he couldn't understand.

Seungkwan shifted his head around, but Vernon was nowhere to be seen.

Did he go somewhere?

"Vernon!" Seungkwan called out again, his voice shaky and frail as it croaked out of him.

Vernon was nowhere to be seen, not even Klaus was around to greet him or tease him for his dangerous encounter.

But suddenly Seungkwan remembered there were other people in the castle now. Both Moonbin and Eunwoo resided in the castle and so he wasn't completely alone, nor was Vernon probably gone very far.

Vernon wouldn't leave Seungkwan alone in the castle with them.

Seungkwan shook his head letting out a small cough as he slowly lifted himself into a sitting position, making sure to lean his back against the headboard for support.

...I feel so drained...

Seungkwan pulled his hand out from beside him and looked at it. His hand was pale and slimy of sweat.

What happened to me just now... my whole body felt like it was turning from the inside...no... it was my stomach it felt like there was some sort of shifting, adjusting for something.

Then something cold hardened around the inner coat of my stomach I could feel it... like when the venom rises and the protective layer shields it from affecting me... it felt like that but colder.