- Red Belly -

"We should leave," Vernon said.

"What?" Seungkwan said. He looked up at the other boy that was starting to pull their clothes out of the closet.

"We can't stay here anymore. It's just too risky now." Vernon said.

"What are you saying." Seungkwan came behind Vernon and he placed his hands on his shoulders and gently massaged them. "You know better than anyone that leaving won't do us any good."

"Yes, but staying here won't either!" Vernon raised his voice but quickly regretted it. He let out a soft sigh and turned to face the other boy.

"You told me before, that coming here was not a good idea," Vernon said, "I'm realizing now that you were right. This place is dangerous and... risky."

"I mean, what if..." Vernon walked over to the room door and shut it. "What if the other asmos call on your father? O-or what if my friends they... I don't know what if they act out on their pain and hurt you!"

"What will become of us then? It's all a mess. We need to return to the castle," Vernon said, as he walked back to Seungkwan and took his hand. "my castle, in my kingdom, with my people."

"Where it's safe." Vernon placed his hand on Seungkwans cheek. He gave the boy a sincere look.

Seungkwan shook his head. He slapped Vernon's hand off. "Your castle, your kingdom, your people. What's with that? I thought you said I was your fiancé?"

"You are-"

"You're not acting like it." Seungkwan cut him off. "Instead, you just act like I'm some sacred object that must be preserved."

"I'll be safe with you? Is that it?" Seungkwan crossed his arms. "If I'm in a place completely controlled by you, where you dominate, that is when I'll truly be free. Is that it?"

"I mean doesn't my kingdom exist?" Seungkwan said, "in my kingdom, I'm a prince and the only heir to the thrown! I basically rule that place!"

"But in your kingdom, I'll be killed!" Vernon said, "there's no way your Asmo father is going to let you be with a human."

"Oh... I guess you're right," Seungkwan sighed. "Which is extremely not fair since he once loved a human. His just ended really pathetically."

Vernon tensed hearing that. He remembered what his father told him about Seungkwans father and his late mother. He assumed Seungkwan didn't know about that.

"Well... see! Not safe, you'll totally be a goner if you go back!" Vernon cried. It was best not to bring it up.

"Well," Seungkwan tilted his head with a smile. "You're not wrong there Vernon baby. But am I really safe here in your kingdom with you? "

"How is that a question?" Vernon furrowed his brows.

"Huh?" Seungkwan put his finger to his lip. "Do you remember not very long ago you were trying to kill me?"

Vernon's shoulders slumped and he looked away. "That- you know I was-"

"I know, you were having one of your little... fits and it's okay. It happens." Seungkwan snickered and he walked over to Vernon and grabbed his arm and rubbed his chest. "But Vernon, how many little breakdowns will you have before you finally just kill me for real?"