- Brand New -

Vernon rubbed his temples as he lifted from his spot on the floor, where he had previously sat after having a terrifying panic attack. He found his answer and it was a miserable one.

It was one of his friends who had forsaken him. But for what reason possessed them to turn his most precious persons into but a distant memory? Why put them through such torture? What had Vernon or Seungkwan ever done to them to make them revolt in such a measuring way?

Vernon had been curled up on the floor for about an hour, he felt faint and dizzy. When he had taken a good moment to think about everything, the world around him seemed to fuzz completely out and this loud and piercing ring was buzzing through his ears. He could feel his heart pounding and he had put his hand on his chest a few times to see whether the beating had started to slow.

He had an attack of the century. It was almost as bad as when Seungkwan had locked him in the basement cell with his dying father. Not nearly as bad as when he had first found out Seungkwan had lost his memories. It was in the middle perhaps, for God's sake he just found out one of his best friends had cursed his lover with the most venomous of tricks.

He was up now. On his feet, although still tripping over himself. He knew there were things to do, plans to make. But at the same time, he wasn't sure the direction to go. He had previously decided he'd allow the old Seungkwan to leave him, but now that he had the opportunity to bring him back it was a driving force that had him going.

He turned to look at his lover, who stayed in a deep slumber. He caressed his pale face, feeling his usually silky skin, sloppy and drained. After everything he had put Seungkwan through, he knew it was wrong for him to keep him here, trap him.

But he took a lot of time to think alone. Vernon could not live without Seungkwan. There was no Vernon Chwe without Seungkwan Boo. It was tragically so. If he allowed his old lover to leave him, then he would go too. Wherever he was, this, Vernon would follow.

This damaged and deranged, soft and fragile, pathetic and lovely, Vernon in all his bastardly glory.

"I am yours," Vernon whispered because it was true. Seungkwan was never his, from the beginning Vernon was Seungkwan's. Seungkwan had possessed him. Owned him. Vernon was Seungkwan's because Seungkwan chose him. He was just a lucky human being that was graced by the honourable Seungkwan himself.

"I am yours," Vernon cried again. He got on his knees and he took Seungkwan's hand. The hand attached to the soul which was hidden away. "I am all yours and from now on I will serve you as a loyal man should. Today until you are back to me, I will be your knight. I will no longer be your judge and executioner."

"So... please give me this chance to show you... that I am worthy another chance... I beg of you... be merciful... I release you from my grasps..." Vernon quieted himself now. He rested his forehead on Seungkwan's still hand and he felt himself drifting off to a well-needed deep sleep.

He wished in the depths of his heart that he would see Seungkwan in his dreams.

His planning would come tomorrow. Revenge.

~ Days Earlier ~

"Ack..." Seungkwan lifted his head from his damp pillow. Why had he been sweating so?

"Ugh!" Seungkwan cried as he gripped the fabric of his cotton pajamas near his stomach. It was aching like he had just been gutted.

Quickly he released, his breath shaky as it exited his mouth, warm and wet. He gripped the side of him to give him some posture, but he was startled slightly by the movement next to him.

"Ah!... oh, heavens..." Seungkwan pressed his chest with relief. It was only Vernon, though perhaps he should be a bit frightened, that man was surely dangerous.