-Trust the Fall-

Vernon rubbed his eyes as he lifted himself from the ground. He must have been so tired that he slept through the night on his knees.

He looked down at the sheets of the bed. They were red from the berries and the bed was empty. Vernon frowned. Seungkwan must have gotten up and went off somewhere again.

It wasn't unusual for this 'new' Seungkwan to go off wandering around the house. He already knew well enough not to go to the other side of the mansion where his 'friends' stayed, so Vernon wasn't too worried about it.

But then again, it wasn't wrong to worry about him. Regardless of this new personality, Seungkwan was still Seungkwan and was prone to betrayal.

"Okay, here I come," Vernon said, as he continued to rub his eyes and walk out the room and down the halls.

More than likely he was downstairs in the kitchen or in the living space. He rarely left to go outside, unless it was to pick up flowers or plants. Berries...

Vernon made way to the dining hall first. If it was the morning he'd be eating something by now. Cheeks stuffed with whatever treats he wished.

When Vernon got to the doors he pushed them open in one swoop and he was surprised to see that he was actually right. Not that he should have doubted himself but he did. There Seungkwan was at the dining room table eating.

"Seungkwan," Vernon said, as he stepped into the room.

"Ha!" Vernon suddenly choked as he dropped to the ground, his chest felt tight and his stomach curled. What was this feeling? It was dreadful.

He glanced up and his eyes widened. What the hell... why are they here?

In the corner of the room, Junhui and Minghao lay with their hands on their stomachs all sweaty and ill-looking.

Seungkwan did not seem to notice Vernon's arrival. He continued to eat, whilst torturing the other two Asmos with his overbearing scent.

This was probably the first time Vernon had ever witnessed Seungkwan use his scent to such a dangerous degree.

Majority of the time it was used purely for lust. But this was different. It was harsh and agonizing. Physically painful. Was this the true power of an Asmo? Was this what he had been weakening all this time?

Vernon coughed and a splat of blood hit the ground. Seemingly that was enough to catch Seungkwans eye.

"V-Vernon! What are you doing up!" Seungkwan cried. He pushed his chair out suddenly and ran towards the other boy on his hands and knees.

"H-help... I..." Vernon coughed again, blood clogging his throat.

"Oh no, j-just a second!" Seungkwan said, he opened the door to the room and grabbed Vernon by the arms quickly before dragging him out.

Vernon took a harsh breath of clean air into his lungs and fell back, trying to regain his body.

"Vernon are you alright? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for you to get hurt!" Seungkwan cried and he smushed his face against the boys chest. "It was only for those two, for their betrayal I could no longer hold myself back."

"When I saw them cuddling up to each other it made me so angry. I-" Seungkwan lifted himself, fist harshly gripped.

"Betrayal? Seungkwan... what are you on about?" Vernon said wiping his mouth of the blood he so viciously coughed up. "This early..."

Vernon quieted himself, staring at the boy from eye to eye. Allowing himself to wonder and believe. "Do... do you have your..."

"My memories?" Seungkwan said, he cupped the boy's face a gentle and tastefully sweet smile on his lips. "My love, I do."