Chapter 1- Cooling coffee & failed attempts

Start from the beginning

"Shawn Mendes."

I heard murmurs of agreement throughout the room as everyone typed away on their laptops. They all seemed to know who he is, except for me. "I'm sorry, who?" I questioned with knitted eyebrows.

Tyler giggled and sipped his coffee. "Oh, my oblivious little North Carolina girl. Shawn Mendes of Mendes Enterprises. The self made millionaire, only twenty-four. Plus he is super sexy too. Always dressed is designer. Mysterious sort of a bad boy, which everyone thinks is to die for."

"Oh..." i replied as a typed his name in google and waited for the images to load onto the screen. "Oh. Shit he's hot!" I exclaimed. Victoria's eyes burned into me and I turned bright red. " I mean, Oh wow, he is very handsome?" I squeaked.

She rolled her eye and I turned back to my computer with a sheepish grin. It didn't take long for me to zone out of the conversation when there were plenty of articles about the gorgeous CEO who had immaculate taste in clothes. The first article was Business Weekly.

'Shawn Mendes is 24 , and is already a multi-millionaire . His corporation and brand name are growing exponentially, along with his wealth. Mendes recently bought a two story bachelor pad valued at 3.7million dollars. He owns 6 car , each worth over 100k. His beach house valued at 1.5 million. And he did this all on his own'

Impressive, I clicked on the next link. It was a New York socialite blog.

"Canadian born Mendes was recently seen out with none other than model and actor Lillya Scarlett Reid. He couldn't be reached for a comment , but Lilliya claims she is "just friends " with the drop dead gorgeous 24 year old. But that's not the only women Mendes has been seen with. He's known for being a player so look out ladies."

Interesting Canadian? Its kinda hot once you think about it. I was scrolling through the images, entranced by his mysterious brown eyes, and full pink lips, with those loose curls...when i heard my name.

"Hm?" I questioned, snapping my head away from the screen.

"Nice of you to join us." Victoria seethed. " I was just telling you how it will be your job to get Mendes, to agree to an interview, because the entire article was your idea."

"Oh.Yeah of course.No problem." I stammered, writing down. She gave me an amused smirk that I didn't quite understand.

"Meeting dismissed .Norah , I expect an answer from him by Friday."

I nodded as I shut my laptop and grabbed my coffee before walking out the door. Tyler's shrill voice called after me. "Do you understand what she just did?"He shrieked, dragging me into his office. I shook my head as i sipped my lukewarm coffee. "She just set you up for failure! Mendes doesn't do interviews, ever. She knows it won't work."

"Are you serious?" I groaned , collapsing into his chair. "Not even one for a magazine as big as Vogue?"

"Nope" he scoffed. "He apparently hates publicity. He has punched, like six paparazzi or something. God that's hot . I bet he is strong. I wonder if-"

"Hey! Control your hormones." I command. Tyler just rolls his eyes. " I am going to try and call his office or whatever."

"Good luck." He laughed as I stalked out , making sure to flip him off over my shoulder. I went back to my office and sat down, pulling my hair into a loose ponytail as I looked for an office number online. I found it and dialed it quickly.

"Mendes Enterprises, this is Lauren." A young women answered.

"Hi, this is Norah from Vogue Magazine. I was wondering if Mr.Mendes was available for-"

"I'm going to have to stop you right there, Miss ." She rudely cut in. " Mr.Mendes does not do interviews. Thank for understanding."

I heard a click and the line went dead. I pinched the bridge of and searched for another number, an email address, anything. After a few minutes of searching, I found a business email for Shawn Mendes and immediately drafted a letter.

___________________________

To: Shawn Mendes

Good afternoon Mr.Mendes

Next month's article for Vogue magazine will be highlighting a powerful person who has worked hard to get where they are. Someone who is their own boss. We have agreed that you would be the perfect person to represent this. We would be delighted to interview you for our magazine. Please let us know if you are interested, and what day would work for you.

Thanks,

Norah Wilson, Vogue Fashion Intern

___________________________

I tapped my red fingernails against the keyboard impatiently as I waited for a response. Because yes, Shawn Mendes was absolutely gorgeous and I absolutely wanted to interview him. Professionally, of course. Because I was total professional and cherry red lips were not my only my only motivation.

Halfway through my ' Shawn Mendes shirtless' google search. For professional reasons , of course, there was a notification from my computer, which made me jump a little. I quickly opened the email, as I waited anxiously for it to load.

___________________________

From: Shawn Mendes, CEO of Mendes Enterprises

Miss Wilson, thank you for your offer. Please do not contact this email again or a restraining order will be placed against you. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Shawn Mendes, CEO of Mendes Enterprises

___________________________

I couldn't help the small bit of laughter that escaped from my lips as I dropped my forehead against my desk. Then I started hitting it against the hard wood over and over. Naturally, I was that position when Tyler barged in a few minutes later.

"I assumed that means he agreed." he quipped , with a smirk tugging at the corners of his thin lips.

I turned and glared at him "I sent him a perfectly nice email and he threatened to place a restraining order ."

"So mine was stupid?" I questioned, cocking and eyebrow.

He raised his hands in defense. "To him, yeah most likely." I groaned and dropped back in my chair crossing my arms with a pout. Tyler looked amused as he leaned back against the wall. "You want my advice?"

"Please." I sighed.

"Go to his office. Talk to him in person. You're hot, and he obvious like girls, unfortunately, so use your sex appeal and try to get him to agree."

"I have the sex appeal of a dying horse."

"Fair point."

He shrugged. "Just go. It's the only chance you'll have of maybe getting a legitimate answer for Mendes himself."

"Fine." I moaned, dropping my chin into my hands. Tyler winked and left. I stared at my open computer, where Shawn Mendes stupid millionaire face mocked me. What had I gotten myself into?